What stocks are on your radar for next week?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Stockaholic, Jun 3, 2018.

1. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

HDS held the gap last week, and not so far away from it right now for an entry.
    [​IMG]
    UIHC is a small insurance stock, <100k shares a day. This might be perfect time for an entry as it's sitting right on its 20-week ma (not shown). Also at the line connecting higher lows. I'd put the stop 0.87 points (~4.5%) below
    [​IMG]

Stockaholic likes this.
  2. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

bump and stickied to the stockaholics front page.

whatcha all got on the radar for this weekend?

3. KARKIEWICZ

KARKIEWICZ New Member

Im holding twitter $twtr
    And enphase energy $enph....long

See what happens

4. anotherdevilsadvocate

Looks like COHR may finally have a bottom in
    [​IMG]

These 3 look playable on the short side:
    [​IMG]
    Beware that EFX is trying to push into a gap.

CHGG has had an amazing run, but I don't think it's going higher again just yet.
    [​IMG]

If SHOP cannot retake a prior trend line (in blue), as well as the 20 ma, on Monday, then looking at it short with a stop based on how it acts at the 20ma
    [​IMG]

Stockaholic and T0rm3nted like this.
  5. Stockaholic

bumped & stickied to the front page for this weekend.

earnings season begins in earnest next week. anyone looking at anything in particular for next week?

any interesting chart setups hitting your radar this weekend?

6. Stockaholic

bump..

7. Stockaholic

ok, i changed the thread title around a bit here ... posted this same exact thread title on our subreddit last weekend and it got quite the participation from the community. we'll see if the title change does the trick here this weekend. if not, then this will probably be my final thread bump. :p

i'll try to add some color to this thread this weekend as well if i have any free time.

8. Stockaholic

so, someone message'd me the othe rday asking if he could post to this thread because he was more of a longer-term trader, since he thought this thread was mostly geared for the shorter-term traders. i told him that was not true at all!

this thread is for all type of traders. short and long term. in fact, you don't even have to currently be invested in the market right now to participate to this thread.

this is open for anyone who wants to share whatever they want about stocks they are looking at on the weekends.

9. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Long term I cannot ignore the demographics of the baby boomers. The surge of births of that generation, peaking about 1959, were not surpassed by the following echo booms (lower highs). An example of the boomer demographic impacts: the average age of men's mid-life crisis occurs at age 45 to 49, for the boomers that corresponds to the early 2000s. Men buy motorcycles as a result of a mid-life crises. So, Harley Davidson has an aging biker problem. A Fortune magazine quote from 2010:

"...it is struggling against a foe that not even cost-cutting nor brand loyalty can overcome: demographics: Its current owners are getting old, and not enough younger ones are coming up behind them."

Harley will never need to build another motorcycle factory. Houses, cars, forget about it, they're done too. So what do the boomers still need?

Hospitals
    Vacation homes
    Cruise Ships
    Prescription Drugs
    Nursing Homes

The boomers began their nursing home cycle in 2017 and that will grow for the next 28 years. I've started my search with this one, ENSG. My point and figure target is $52 but it has doubled in the past year, so does it need a rest?

Weekly chart:
    upload_2018-7-28_23-51-31.png

#49 Onepoint272, Jul 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    T0rm3nted and Stockaholic like this.
  10. anotherdevilsadvocate

ISRG - watching it for a couple days this week to see if it can hold above the 20 ma. And if it doesn't even better because I could get a cheaper price nearer support ~495
    [​IMG]

LITE - I think this is a great opportunity here
    [​IMG]

Watching ICHR as it will be reporting next week

ULTI is reporting this week, reminds me of Facebook with its rally on weak volume (although FB's rally was 3 months long, and ULTI has only been 1 month)

T0rm3nted and Stockaholic like this.
  11. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All of them will report earnings this week I believe. These high valuation stocks could be vulnerable to selloff like FB and TWTR did if they report less than stellar earnings

12. anotherdevilsadvocate

Alright I'm not interested in buying ISRG right now with the Netflix film out.

Stockaholic likes this.
  13. anotherdevilsadvocate

Yeah SHOP could go way down. A low volume rally that only made it into a double top.
    I'm not sure of their business model, but I'll say any man who thinks the future of online shopping is 20,000+ websites is insane. If that's not SHOP's business model then more power to them, but it's still not looking good in the chart.

Stockaholic and stock1234 like this.
  14. Stockaholic

bump for the weekend.

15. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

[​IMG]

Reporting next week. I think expectations probably not that high after what happened to TWTR and FB, they might rally by just meeting expectations :p

Stockaholic likes this.
  16. Stockaholic

17. Stockaholic

thread bump for this weekend

18. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

AKS looks interesting here. The drop on July 31st after the ER does not have volume that stands out as exceptional, i.e. not a big commitment by the big boys to sell. Therefore I'm assuming it is not a Sign of Weakness (SOW). That May 1st low was $4.14, so a sell stop would be just under $4, say $3.90. Assuming you could buy it at $4.35 the risk would be 45 cents. Assuming one had an account size of 25K and not wanting to put more than 1% of that at risk or $250 you could therefore buy $250/$0.45 = 555 shares. The potential short term move would be into the gap at $4.89 for a 54 cent gain (15.6%). If it shows a Sign of Strength (SOS) then the move up could be substantially more because of the cause that has been built in this trading range thus far. I haven't done a point and figure count yet to project the full potential.

upload_2018-8-12_0-23-6.png

T0rm3nted, Jrich and Stockaholic like this.
  19. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

If I had some capital available right now I would probably give this a go ;)

Jrich likes this.
  20. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

For a simple, stochastic-based, range-bound trade, have a look at ORAN. I've owned it for years as a safe place for collecting divvies (although, take note, foreign divvies), and occasionally play for swings. Doing a bit of personal ground-research this past month, I saw their stores literally everywhere in Romania. Ole French Telecom has a nice anchor in the Balkans from which to continue growing!

ORAN Screenshot 2018-08-17 at 1.43.14 PM.png

Stockaholic likes this.