Where is the incubator forum?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by TomB16, Dec 11, 2023.

1. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I'm following a couple of interesting companies that are close to IPO. I also follow quite a few technologies that are much further from becoming tradable but still interesting.

Where do we chat about these things?

Perhaps this thinking is longer term than exists on this web site? I could easily be the only one.

Any comments, including "take that crap elsewhere", are welcome. :)

2. Money123

Money123 Active Member

I know Algae Oil was hot in 2008. Nobody talks about it now.

The flying taxis traded but hot soon.

CRISPR DNA changing medicine will be very hot in future tested on mice cured 40 percent of mice with HIV.

XPO bought out Yellow business should be moving higher.

Please update some more in incubator stage or traded already that will soon be hot?

TomB16 likes this.
  3. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

AlgOIl did not scale. I was watching for someone to show signs of understanding scale and never found it.

I did put considerable time into it, though. I thought there was a chance of the world shifting to biodiesel.

Before you roast me for being a moron, nobody would be driving electric cars today, were it not for Elon Musk pulling the sword from the stone.

Elon and the tesla team worked magic. they did what couldn't be done. Even after Elon created a template for success, other startup companies are failing (all of them in North America).

Just having an idea is not good enough.

4. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I'm going to use "Investing" as an incubator forum. I will prefix threads with "Incubator - " for these topics. Perhaps they won't be popular topics, as not many of us seem to be long term thinkers.

5. Money123

Money123 Active Member

Here's one Rhythm Energy, a Houston-based electricity provider overseen and owned by a Goldman Sachs private equity fund, has won approval from federal authorities to expand from its home market into the more than dozen states where deregulated power firms operate, CNBC has learned.

TomB16 likes this.
  6. Money123

Money123 Active Member

7. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Interesting. The Southwest Power Pool is turning into a hotbed of generation.

Thank you, Money123. :thumbsup:

8. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I'm in Taipei, right now. There are quite a few battery swap stations around town. If I could upload pics, I'd share one of a guy I chatted with for about five minutes.

It took him about 30 seconds to swap the battery with 20 of those seconds spent doing something on his phone. It was super slick. Flip the seat up, swap the cell.

The system is really slick and this guy said everyone likes it.

The reason those will fail in north America is that we would ruin them. They are automated stations. North america is full of people who vandelize anything they can get their hands on. Over here, vandalism basically doesn't happen.

We saw some graffiti on a single temporary fence of a construction site. It was right downtown, near Taipei 101. Big silver symbols. It stuck out like a sore thumb. They were Chinese characters so they could have been a project name or slmething but the freehand rattle can nature of them made them seem more likely to be graffiti.

I used to think I won the lottery by being born in Canada. Now I see quite a few other countries and want to move there.