Who is in a Christmas mood?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by TomB16, Dec 18, 2020.

1. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I'm not much on Christmas. Most years, I ignore it until Christmas Day which is generally a subdued day of eating, games, and conversation. I'm not big on Christmas carols, either.

We were out for lunch at a terrific little bistro. Two obese girls in their late 20s are hustling up a little restaurant business.

Something about these girls chirping away happily in their little shop and Elton John's "Dance into Christmas" has put me in a seasonal mood.

Is anyone else getting into it, this year?

stock1234 likes this.
  2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I put up more lights than I usually do, but mostly just to get the wife off my back. I've got no more Christmas spirit this year than most, which is admittedly not very much. To me it's an overblown, waste of money and every year the season grows longer. It used to be that people would put their lights and trees up after Thanksgiving so they wouldn't be labeled insane, but now these nutjobs are doing it before Thanksgiving, some as early as just after Halloween. The wife usually makes me do it all (lights outside + tree inside) the weekend of Thanksgiving. If it was up to me, I'd do no lights outside, and the tree would go up the weekend before Christmas.

stock1234 and TomB16 like this.
  3. Bridget Mallory

Bridget Mallory Active Member

Yes, this year we put up additional lights and set up the Christmas tree early. maybe we needed some Christmas spirit because of what's happening in the world today

TomB16 likes this.