Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

Will Be Away For A Month Tomorrow - NEED ADVICE

Discussion in 'Investing' started by 1337, Aug 2, 2020.

1. 1337

1337 New Member

EDIT 2: IMAGES UPLOADED HERE, SORRY FOR THE DELAY:
    https://ibb.co/z6QFGDN
    https://ibb.co/qmMBbLM

I have at least 4 open transactions executing Monday morning including shares of ARKW and MGK. I'm selling of my shares of ITOT as my research shows it is too volatile even though it is positive 5% recently. I'll attach a photo of my current portfolio, open buy positions, open sells.

Oh yeah, I WILL BE AWAY FOR A WHOLE MONTH WITH NO INTERNET ACCESS ON MONDAY OR TUSDAY, I'M TALKING TOMORROW.

I need all the advice I can get or if i should sell all my stock Monday morning and enter into a Core Portfolio which would generate much lower returns but would be safer if it is set to adjust automatically.

EDIT: DID NOT UPLOAD IMAGES, sorry, working on that

#1 1337, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  2. 1337

1337 New Member

I also decided not to sell ITOT.

3. A55

A55 Active Member

The Brontide and 1337 like this.
  4. 1337

1337 New Member

LOL, no I will not be going to voluntary, private rehab. I have my bachelor's in Management Information Systems but there's a prescription I need to go into rehab to get it out of my system.

It's an anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) widely prescribed in the rest of the world but not here. It was supposed to have low dependence liability but I didn't find that to be the case. I reacted adversely to the drug and it made me feel euphoric and sedated but energetic at the same time, hard to explain, for most people it just makes them sleepy. So, I started taking more and yeah and I'm just getting ahead of it before something bad happens. It has anti-depressant effects too which I struggle with so it was kind of a perfect storm. Nothing happened, but I just got laid off working for a tech company due to COVID so I decided this was the best time. I'm still functional my dose is just too high.

#4 1337, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  5. A55

A55 Active Member

Same advice. Put the trading on pause. Park your money.

The Brontide and 1337 like this.
  6. 1337

1337 New Member

After I execute my buys I can be in a very strong position. My return has been 3.88% with daily profits usually exceeding $50, even on down days I rarely don't see a profit and that's been since I opened this account and researched these positions. I think I can ride this out profitably.

7. 1337

1337 New Member

I have another $100 coming in.

8. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I can't help you with the immediate problem but perhaps I can help you in a different way. This is just a different perspective, not an indictment on your approach to portfolio management.

If you are worried about needing to make an emergency move to your holdings in the next 30 days, you are not an investor. There's nothing wrong with trading but that is a severely micro perspective.

We left the country for 6 weeks this past winter and I removed the banking and investment apps from my phone in case my phone got swiped or we got pulled aside at the border. It wasn't an issue. I found out when we returned I had sold one of my companies on a limit order that was left open for 90 days. If it hadn't have sold, I would have been OK with it. I had limit buy orders in place, also. None of the buy orders filled.

The point I'm attempting to make is:. Long and slow is the way to go.

#8 TomB16, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    T0rm3nted and The Brontide like this.
  9. The Brontide

The Brontide Active Member

The easy answers are all above.

M2c,.. sell and park it. It will still be dollar for dollar when you are back.

Weigh the importance of why you are unavailable, and compare it with the limited potential of maybe saving your 5% or whatever it is.

Me talking, my job, my health, my future are much more important than 30 days of missed trades that may in fact not hold up for 30 days.

Take a break from it.

The market will still be around awaiting your return.

Again, just m2c

10. A55

A55 Active Member

Screenshot_20200708-165902.png Screenshot_20200708-163532.png