Win vs Loss analysis

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by RyansShorts, May 25, 2021.

1. RyansShorts

RyansShorts New Member

Hey everyone,

So hear me out, has anyone compared their losers to winners with in regards to the characteristics of them such as volume, price, relationship with MA...? Let me just pick one of those for example.

For example, daily volume above/below 500k. For all the trades you do, you list one of 4 things. It won below 500k, it lost below 500k, it won above 500k, and it lost above 500k. Then you would take the ratio of the winners to losers below 500k, do the same for above 500k, then take both of those ratios and find the ratio of both ratios. If you look at my attached image, green indicates win and red indicates loss. So you can see with a specific strategy if you only were to buy above 500k you would win more than half the time. If you only bought below 500k you would win a tiny bit above half the time. And finally, by comparing both it is obvious that you have more winners than losers with volume above 500k. Ultimately it would be great to do this with every known variable to weed out the problems. Any thought?

Attached Files:

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Im not sure why 500k is the number that is important to you. Many stocks have bigger or smaller daily average volume and people trade those all day.

3. RyansShorts

RyansShorts New Member

500 was just a random number. Maybe a better example would have been 20% of short volume

4. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

You don't know how much volume is going to be traded.

5. jackfarrah1991

jackfarrah1991 New Member

I've always wanted to find a good venue.