xpost - With the help of PF, I've gone from $0/month in side money to $964/month. Thank you for advi

Discussion in 'Personal Finance' started by StockJock-e, Apr 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Great post here by u/negativepitch who was looking for ways to generate extra income:

NegativePitch wrote: "About a month ago I posted here asking for help with ideas on how to earn $10,000 in side money within a year's time (https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfi...want_to_save_up_10000_in_one_year_my_95_only/). I never thought it'd be possible, but I figured if people had ideas on how $10,000/yr might be possible, then earning a quarter of that, or even a third might be realistic. Among the many helpful posts, someone recommended looking into online freelance job sites and recommended a particular one for web development. I created an account and spent 3 hours setting up my profile because I decided that if I was going to do this I 'm going to do it all the way and give it everything I've got. Fast-forward 1 month and I've earned $964 after fees with more on the way! It has absolutely transformed my life. I've been able to convert what was utterly unproductive time (9:00PM - midnight) into real earnings and learn a ton along the way.

I'm not posting this to give myself a pat on the back, and I know $964 isn't turning many heads on PF, but I've seen countless posts where people are really struggling to make ends meet and I just want to say, it's possible! The site I work through (I don't want to name it due to the promotion rules here) has all kinds of jobs they are looking to fill: web dev, Excel, Outlook, etc. Chances are, you are good at something that somebody somewhere needs. I highly recommend to those who are looking for ways to earn extra income, get online and take a look at what's out there. I am far from an expert on anything, but due to the amount of work out there, I've managed to find places I do fit in. Good luck to you guys!

Earnings Screen Shot: http://i.imgur.com/gWcMHG8.png

EDIT: I've been told I can post the site. It's upwork.com.

EDIT: I've been blown away by all your responses and PMs. I'd like to reply to all of you but I will be away from my computer for the next few hours. I'll try to respond later tonight. Thank you again for the support and questions. "

DutchLung and Knax like this.