2017 Predictions & Stock Market Calls

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Stockaholic, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Baggi

Baggi Active Member

Economic news will be reported that highlights the negative, instead of the last 8 years of "unexpectedly!" and because of that, we'll enter into a recession and the markets will fall. Some will find a reason or something to blame and call it a bubble.

2. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

1. Down year for the US market
    2. The market will enter correct territory more than once during the year, but avoid the bear market territory
    3. The Dow will hit 20K in January 2017
    4. Trade wars between the US and China indeed will happen
    5. World Series - Cubs, Super Bowl - Patriots, NBA Finals - Cavaliers, Stanley Cup - Blue Jackets

I write more later on if I can think of more :p

3. economyking

economyking New Member

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum.

I strongly believe unless the "War on Terror", escalates the stock market will continue to rise in 2017. I do not see corporate profits falling and the dollar falling to much in 2017.

What do you think about the video below? I like the 3rd reason but besides that I think my economic view is correct, as it was in 2016.

I also, do not think Trump will change the foreign policy to much which would cause some disruptions.

Anyways here is the video:

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  4. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board @economyking and congrats on your first post. Interesting thread you started. I will hold my thoughts for now...TTT

5. chris haiden

chris haiden New Member

in 2017 i would suggest that invest in technology stocks.
    big companies such as GOOGLE , amazon, aapl , tsla are now growing up and strting there Artificial intelligence. so they will have good growth

6. chris haiden

chris haiden New Member

Even though the political and social climate has rapidly become more tolerant of the use of Schedule I controlled substances, the nascent marijuana industry isn’t what you’d call formalized nor organized. Dozens of public companies have their roots in the marijuana industry.
    AbbVie Inc. discovers, develops, manufactures, and sells pharmaceutical products worldwide. Their Marinol drug is FDA-approved for the treatment of nausea in patients undergoing chemotherapy and is also prescribed to AIDS patients suffering from loss of appetite. The drug is made of a synthetic form of THC and is delivered as an oral capsule.
    [​IMG]

As a result of marijuana stocks to watch, dozens of official, incorporated ventures whose primary business is cannabis have sprung up like, well, weeds. Ranging from growers to pharmaceutical manufacturers, makers of fingerprint-activated vending machines to the institutional version of that hydroponic gardener, they offer a new investment niche: pot stocks. Marijuana stocks have tended to skyrocket and then fall suddenly, so investors must tread carefully.

7. chris haiden

chris haiden New Member

Military defense is always at the front line of a nation’s security. With political tensions on the rise around the globe, defense stocks are one of the smarter money-investing decisions to make. Spending on defense occupies a big share of the government’s budget. For this fiscal year in the United States, the government has set aside $854 billion in its budget for the Departments of Defense and State. With newly elected President Donald Trump occupying a seat in the White House and intensifying border protection, best defense stocks for 2017 are on the rise, allowing defense contractors to outperform the market.
    [​IMG]
    The United States is No. 1 in military spending, totaling $596 billion as of 2015. In fact, military spending in the U.S. constitutes 37% of the global total, as reported by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute. Compare that to the next seven biggest military spenders: China, Saudi Arabia, Russia, the United Kingdom, India, France, and Japan, which total $567 billion all together, as reported by the National Priorities Project. Military spending is pursued in countries whose foreign policy objectives include war and peace.

President Donald Trump has unveiled plans to boost defense spending at the expense of foreign aid and various environmental programs. Trump’s pledge to significantly increase federal spending related to national security was cheered by Republicans, while his team is preparing to create an infrastructure “task force” that will help carry out the ambitious federal spending program. Since Trump’s startling election victory in late 2016, stocks have more or less gained momentum. In particular, defense stocks see a boost.

8. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

lol, whelp i certainly bombed all of my predictions for 2017 :p

anyway, as we're coming into year end i was just wondering if you guys wanted to see another predictions thread for 2018 or nah?

fwiw, i'm cutting back on a couple of these threads for next year, but wasn't sure about continuing this one.

9. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Never got the corrections but bulls certainly ruled. A little low on the top due to being wrong with the corrections but direction was right. For last 6 weeks I do think we will break 2600 on the S&P maybe midway to 2700

10. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

I'd love to see it again.

11. enickma

enickma New Member

Agreed. I'll explain why it's all going to hell! :)

12. Ken34

Ken34 2017 Stock Picking Contest Winner

boom! biotech was on fire this year, i hope it continues into year end.

13. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

good call @JerryM!

btw, for anyone looking around for the 2018 predictions thread i went ahead and put one up...

have at it with those 2018 predictions! :p