Be conscious with your trash

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by fireopal, Nov 6, 2016.

1. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

Have been meaning to post this here for awhile.

Meet "Jug Head" - one of our resident raccoons.

JugHead.gif

Jug head walked around with this plastic jar on her head in 90+ degree weather for over 2 weeks before i finally figured out a way to trap her and then it took 3 of us to get this thing off her head. Have not gotten around to taking a picture of the inside of the jar but am amazed that her face and eyes were not damaged. The only thing that saved her from dying in excruciating pain was that she managed to somehow make a very small hole in the bottom of this plastic jar so that she could breath and also shove tiny pieces of cat food kibble i left out for her up into this hole. After she was freed, she took off like a bat out of hell and i thought for sure she would never return to be with her family ever again but she reappeared about a week later :)

i think she found this open jar at our neighbor's house and they have since become very aware that they need to not only rinse their jars but also firmly secure all lids and crush their cans via stepping on them before just throwing them into the trash in order to keep our resident wildlife critters safe...

2. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

You did a good thing!

fireopal likes this.