GPRO - GoPro

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Mar 31, 2016.

1. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Feeling like not having the Karma drone in stores for this Xmas is a blessing. If they were to have sold at Xmas time, it would have needed to go on sale; instead they'll sell out of Xmas season and can control price. The bad part of selling during Xmas is you have to start off at a low sales price, then no one will want to buy at a higher price later.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  2. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Heads up, it's getting close to a buy. The boyz are sucking up every share they can get. Another scary downdraft to shake out the very last weak hand, followed by no supply would be nice to see.

I have no idea what is happening with this company since my last long campaign, other than I gather from ADA, above, that they didn't get the Karma into the market. Whatever, all the news, opinions, reports, media fades, everything is distilled in the charts and it sure looks like the public has made their exit; the shares are being locked up and made unavailable for trading. A little spark and boom, the few shares available will be marked up.

#122 Onepoint272, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    T0rm3nted likes this.
  3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Are you planning an entry?

4. Onepoint272

If you mean planning a price to enter, no. But it appears to be getting close; the volatility and volume has been diminishing the past few weeks; a sign of accumulation. I expect they will slam it down to test for any more supply. The big players need to get every home gamer out that they can, to throw in the towel, so that they don't have to buy from at their higher break-even prices. So far there is enough cause built for a campaign to $44.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  5. LloydWCoutee

LloydWCoutee Active Member

Should've sold at 10 last Friday. My average is only .10 cents away from where it is now. I will exit ship tomorrow with some profit

6. Onepoint272

Hmmm, I don't mean to imply that there HAS to be a serious downdraft. I'm just waiting for a clue that they have mopped up all the supply of stock. What I am saying is this is close to the time to buy, not sell.

7. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

I'm a little confused by your post. Are you saying this stock is being manipulated and the news and fundamentals of the stock are not relevant? Is it your position that the news of poor sales, drone not working as expected is false manipulated news? Exactly who are the "boyz" that are pulling this magic off? Our SEC is not capable of seeing this manipulation that you obviously see? No offense intended to your info, just really curious as to how you know this.

Onepoint272 likes this.
  8. Onepoint272

"Manipulated" is such an ugly word, but yes, in a legal way. The markets always have been.

The fundamentals are not relevant to me. If I were one of the boyz then I would probably be interested in the fundamentals. If I were, one of the boys, holding a huge line of a stock I would certainly spend a good sum on intelligence to KNOW the real story but I'd be pretty stupid to let the great unwashed know the real story. So me, being one of the great unwashed, am better off following what the boyz do and not what they say.

The boyz feed the media mis-information, biased opinions, etc. They have an agenda, that should be obvious. This is nothing new. Poor sales, drone not working, is probably not false (albeit the books can be massaged and problem solutions conveniently delayed) , but again it is not relevant to me nor the stock price. Someone owns the float all the time. When the news is bad the public doesn't buy it; they sell. So, somebody is buying it....the boyz, and they don't buy to make nickels and dimes. They lock up the shares and in doing so severely limit the number of shares available to trade. So what happens to the price of anything when it is in short supply?

This is not "magic". Imagine that you have a few billion (3000 million) dollars to invest. Would that change how you invest? Dang right it would. Every time you tried to get into the stock with any significant size you'd drive the price up. You could only buy a significant stake when the public is fearful and selling hand over fist. So now you own a bunch of stock. Whatya going to do now? Well you'd try to buy it all in a trading range; corner the market; and once you have it all sewed up; have all the weak hands out; you'd use the news to trigger a buying frenzy and let the public mark it up. The public will buy and sell the few shares available from each other and ratchet the price up. You will not sell until it gets to your price because if you try to sell any significant amount you'd drive the price down. So again, the only time you can sell is during a buying climax; a public feeding frenzy. You may need to create a buying climax by making sure the news is really good. But you can't get it all sold doing just that. So you work a distribution trading range and unload all the rest. In that range you have to buy a little at a support line but throughout the range you are NET selling. And once you're out, the public can only sell to themselves and you are not there to support it anymore....chaos....mark down.

A main point of the above is that the fundamentals don't have to be in agreement with the stock price direction. The price direction is a function of "who" owns the stock.

The boyz, the smart money, the big money, perhaps the very biggest of the institutions, the composite operator, the composite man....same guy/s. He represents the aggregate of all the big players. Wyckoff described the composite man this way:

Like individuals, stocks have certain characteristics with which one becomes
    more and more familiar as he studies intensively their past and current
    movements. The market is made by the minds of men, and all the fluctuations in
    the market and in all the various stocks should be studied as if they were the
    result of one man's operations.

Let us call him the Composite Man, who, in theory, sits behind the scenes
    and manipulates the stocks to your disadvantage if you do not understand the
    game as he plays it; and to your great profit if you do understand it.

#128 Onepoint272, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  9. Gray Wolf

First, I don't mean this to be argumentative but others read these posts and some might use information posted here as part of research when looking at a buy. GPRO while poised "maybe" for a small swing has absolutely nothing to support it is getting ready for a move to $44 and would hate for some inexperienced investor think otherwise without at least posting a contrary post to yours. There is no "boyz" group manipulating any news. A lot of what you subscribe to as proof in large scale buying is normal institutional investors. If your "system" works for you then fine but it is quite dangerous or "risky" to imply that facts do not matter. Balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow, do matter. No matter what any investing guru says about their system the bottom line is companies exist to make a profit (eps)

10. Onepoint272

If you had a valid argument I'm sure you'd make it. Good luck.

11. Gray Wolf

I did make it sir thanks...

12. heyimsnuffles

heyimsnuffles Active Member

No reason to believe this has bottomed at all IMO

Gray Wolf likes this.
  13. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

How many gopro cameras did you buy this month?

Too many other options in the market these days.

14. Gray Wolf

FYI, you need to change the link in your signature. I found it but it is really at https://thebigbreakout.wordpress.com/ Checking it out now. :)

15. heyimsnuffles

16. heyimsnuffles

I seriously have not hear the word GPRO in the last month before today....and its 2 weeks before XMAS.

17. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Oh shit, thats right, there is an actual page there now!

Before the link went to some broken site I just assumed was under construction! lol

18. heyimsnuffles

Yeah I guess it would help if my Link Worked haha

19. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Sounds like you fit in here just fine! lol

20. Onepoint272

Oh, so saying "I dont mean to be argumentative..." actually means you have an argument. ;)