JerryM PaperTrade Income

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by Gray Wolf, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

I put together a paper trade income portfolio back in January when the market was pulling down and income stocks were sitting in a buying position. I created a $100,000 portfolio using $10,000 max position size to keep it at 10 positions. About 5 of these positions are solid dividend aristocrats, 2 are REITS, 1 ETF and 1 closed end fund. It is fairly well diversified over different sectors. I've been wanting to share that here but I like doing so with google spreadsheets. It took me awhile to get this into a spreadsheet and working the way I wanted it to and I finished it today. This portfolio only requires monthly review. I am not as concerned with the present value of the stock as much as I am with the dividend side of it. The point of this portfolio is to show that a retired person could pull $468 per month of extra income without ever touching the shares.

Click on Google Sheets Income Portfolio to view. Be sure and check out all 3 tabs in this sheet.

I'll add replies to this if/when I make changes.

#1 Gray Wolf, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Good stuff man, thanks for sharing! Currently at work so I can't view the spreadsheet, but I'll definitely be taking a look at this tomorrow!

3. justanotherpointlessname

Hey, nice portfolio but you haven't added the mkt value correctly at the bottom.