New Member (Rishi)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rishi_at_Tiingo, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Rishi_at_Tiingo

Rishi_at_Tiingo Moderator, Stockaholics CBO, Quant Trader

Hey all,

I'm Rishi - right now founder of Tiingo.com. Former I was the first employee at a quant fund and built the trading algos and risk systems - took the fund from $0 to $250mm aum w/ a sharpe of 2.0 (we were a team). Prior I traded exotic equity derivatives at a bank, treasuries, and before that started a tech company with a famous quant manager, and before that did computational chemistry research at NIH.

Actually when I did computational chem I would research markets, built trading software, and then ran into David Shaw. He left his fund and took his billion dollars to start a computational chem lab. He was incredibly encouraging, especially to a sophomore in college at the time.

My goal here is to help provider insight into institutional finance, how we look at the world, and also help any of the quant traders out there. I also hope to bring quant insight into those of us who don't trade quantitatively as the quant side really helped change how I trade discretionarily as well.

2. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the boards. Look forward to your posts.

3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Nice!

So here is the plan.

I give you my Robinhood account with $1, then we getting another fund going and do it again ;)

Great chatting with you the other day!

anotherdevilsadvocate likes this.
  4. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Rishi! From Chemistry to trading, interesting...TTT

5. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forums! Greatly looking forward to your input and seeing you around!

6. Rishi_at_Tiingo

Rishi_at_Tiingo Moderator, Stockaholics CBO, Quant Trader

Thank you all for the warm welcome :)