New To Trading

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Scott Hamilton, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Hey Folks,

I'm a complete novice here. I joined you discord channel as Scotrade but i'm now using the username Scotth93, a mod on there Jerry told me to sign up here.

Basically i cant afford anything a great amount to invest, But I done plan to add to my investment each week(if its going well.(and if i can))

I currently have around £100-£150(122$-183$) to start off with. and plan to add around £25(30$) per week when i can to my "investments"

A little about myself, i have no background in trading what so ever, none of my family or friends do either.

My hobbies Photography, Gaming, Football(soccer) and classic cars.

I hope i can add trading stocks to that list some day lol.

I have a varied tasted in music, ranging from 60's heavy metal to 50's rock n roll lol.

Anything else just ask.

Cheers,
    Scott.

Tiptopptrader and Gray Wolf like this.
  2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forums man, hope to see you around some more! We all start somewhere, so don't worry about the small portfolio. With research and time, that small amount will become bigger, and that's what we're all trying to do here.

3. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Glad to see you made it here. You don't need large accounts to trade and certainly not to learn. Take the time to learn as much as you can while building your account. Investopedia has some really good free training material there. Also, try this post I did: http://stockaholics.net/threads/how-to-paper-trade-with-google-finance.693/ and work with some "fake" trading as you learn.

4. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Scott, this a good place to learn...Good luck in your trading...TTT

5. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Yep, learn what to do now so you know what to do when you do have "a lot of cash".

6. Thanks all!

"Alot of cash" would be nice, but not my main goal lol. (yet) first i need to learn.

Also is their away to change my name on here? I have just noticed i have mistype my name lol.

7. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Welcome to the forums @Scott Hailton !

Typo you say? What should it be? I'll see if I can get that fixed for you. ;)

Scott Hamilton likes this.
  8. Lol well my name is Scott Hamilton.

not hailton haha. If possible Scotth93 if not just add the "m" i forgot lol?

Cheers :L

9. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Done. ;)

Hope to see you around the forums! Best of luck to you and your trading endeavors!