Quick Fundamental Stock Summary

Discussion in 'Investing' started by Gray Wolf, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Added Nov 2017- Sorry to say that Yahoo Finance changed their api's and their commands no longer work. I have not been able to find a substitute yet so this sheet is basically useless now. I'll keep trying to find something comparable though.

I am a fundamentalist first in most of my trading strategies be it Income, Growth, Value, Blend or whatever. I believe the stock needs to be fundamental strong or at least be aware of weak spots before using technical analysis to enter and exit positions. On that note, I created a google spreadsheet to help me in taking a quick look at a stock I am interested in. I thought I'd share that sheet with any of the stockaholics interested in fundamentals.

Access it here: Stock Summary Report

This link is a view only share so you can't make any changes to it. You need to be signed into your google account to save a copy. Once you save a copy the only thing you need to do is type the stock symbol you want to look at in cell A1 on the first tab. It will auto populate that page and the other tabs as well. Hope you enjoy it.

#1 Gray Wolf, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  2. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

I am adding some screen shots to this so you can see what it does...
    The only data you enter is the symbol in cell A1 of the Summary tab and hit "enter" for a quick over view.

upload_2016-5-8_10-35-4.png

Then click the Financials tab for the data in the below screenshot showing Income/BallanceSheet/CashFlow data as well as profitability ratios and if applicable it will show dividend yield and payout ratio

upload_2016-5-8_10-36-36.png

Then click on the News tab for below most recent news stories. Articles will open in a new tab/window so you don't lose the spreadsheet when reading the news.

upload_2016-5-8_10-37-40.png

The only purpose of the price history tab is to populate the charts on the Summary tab.

T0rm3nted, DeCoty and Ciao (Sheppy) like this.