10 habits of chronically unhappy people

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Ciao (Sheppy), Apr 21, 2016.

1. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

Unhappy habits
    When people are unhappy, it’s much more difficult to be around them, let alone work with them. Unhappiness drives people away, creating a vicious cycle that holds you back from achieving everything that you’re capable of.

Unhappiness can catch you by surprise. So much of your happiness is determined by your habits (in thought and deed) that you have to monitor them closely to make certain that they don’t drag you down into the abyss.

Some habits lead to unhappiness more than others do. You should be especially wary of the 10 habits that follow as they are the worst offenders. Watch yourself carefully to make certain that these habits are not your own.
    read them all >>> http://www.businessinsider.com/10-habits-of-chronically-unhappy-people-2016-1?IR=T

T0rm3nted and StockJock-e like this.
  2. Ciao (Sheppy)

I thought to post it but hard to believe that there is ppl like that :eek::(
    smile:):):):):):):D:D:D:D
    my advice get up in the morning with a big smile and happy .. you got all day to get miserable-unhappy
    if you start the day already unhappy by the evening you will be ****;):D

The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything..... meditate my friends meditate :cool:;):)

T0rm3nted likes this.
  3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

You are very correct.

Your mood and attitude in the morning can set the tone for the whole day, you need to be positive in the mornings!

4. Ciao (Sheppy)

5. Ciao (Sheppy)

6. Ciao (Sheppy)

[​IMG]

yes I like that :):D

7. fthree

fthree Member

Great Thread!

8. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Get a positive attitude going on even in troubled times. Don't look backwards when things were tough, time to move forward. Mix that with some good music and you can lick the world.

9. InvestingNewbie

InvestingNewbie New Member

I think in general you are write, maintaining a positive attitude and choosing to look at your circumstances differently is helpful. However, I think this is a huge generalization. There are people out there that suffer from clinical depression, which cannot merely be shrugged off by a positive attitude. Furthermore, others are going through things that are extremely tough. You don't ever really know what is going on in other people's lives. So instead of labeling them as a black abyss and staying away from them, I think a good way to encourage a happier world and a more productive workplace for everyone, is to do the human thing and ask "what's wrong" and "can I help." If people say no or they actually just do complain that they are bored with their lives, that's one thing. You can still offer a word of encouragement and then move on. But I would be very careful about just throwing anyone who seems to be unhappy into one big bin. We are human beings and we are emotional, so when we go through a divorce, lose a child, are fighting an illness, whatever the case may be, it's ok sometimes to have a human moment and be emotional. Coming out of it is necessary too, but taking time to properly feel and grieve is healthy.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  10. Ciao (Sheppy)

Hi InvestingNewbie
    the thread and those posting in (me included) was meant in general speaking and not if some had-got-have some seriousness of purpose in life -family-friends...

Some people experience a great loss and think they have to be sad to honor the memory, for instance, of a loved one who passed away. We think we have to be sad. We don’t have to be—it’s a choice

I am going to say something that I didn't have in mind of posting but IMO you can understand better...

when my mother (92 year old) was seriously ill but still had full brain
    I gave (organized) her a party into her favorite restaurant with her best ppl around (beside the close family I got her best friends ) I took her to the restaurant and back with an Ambulance..
    She thoroughly enjoyed and die 10 days later... on her last moment of life she thanks me hundred times...

that is to say love them when they are alive not crying them when they are dead JMHO

when i think of my mother I think-see her in that restaurant happy-smiling-laughing and that gave me a ray of happiness nor sadness

to go at the begging.... this thread was meant for those ppl that got nothing wrong but still are unhappy

T0rm3nted likes this.
  11. nylonmarkup

nylonmarkup Member

Liking this thread a lot! Unhappiness is communicable but happiness is contagious! It's also a choice so make it yours every morning when you wake up and you'll become a better person each day.

12. Ciao (Sheppy)

Same people want to be rich, successful and famous

Me? just want to be happy :):D

13. Ciao (Sheppy)

14. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

15. Ciao (Sheppy)

Jerry :D:D:D good one

16. InvestingNewbie

InvestingNewbie New Member

That's a wonderful story and a wonderful thing to do. And I agree with it. I am all for purposing to be positive and be happy, absolutely, but there are some things like clinical depression that cannot be cured by positivity. But you are right, for many it is a a choice and a matter of perspective. I know that I went through a period of feeling really bored and unmotivated at work and then I began to really not enjoy my work. I realized though that it was all a matter of perspective and if I come in to work with the expectation that it will be boring, then I will feel bored. But if I come in to work with a good, positive attitude, I am likely to have a better day and not feel so negatively about my work. I think we all get to a point where we can be unhappy because we want something more, but the trick is to be happy with what you already have. I think it was Oprah Winfrey that said if you focus on what you have, you will always have more, but if you focus on what you don't have, you will never have enough. I probably didn't quote that perfectly, but the idea is there. I do choose every day to be happy, but I also know people who suffer from clinical depression and try as hard as they can to be happy, but there is nothing that they can do on their own to correct their chemical imbalance. I do understand though that you meant this post in a general sense and not pertaining to special cases like what I mentioned. But some of those special cases might be part of this forum and might feel like it is their own fault or choice that they aren't happy, which would then discourage them.