12 MAY 2024 Ludicrous Returns Stock Model Update

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by Ludicrous Returns, May 12, 2024.

1. Ludicrous Returns

Stocks recently sold: RZLT, TSN
    On Tuesday 5/7, Biotechnology stock RZLT closed at a low of 2.88 after the pattern formed another near straight line vertical decline. This is marked a 13% decline from the former peak of 3.31, SP close on 5/3. This was the second sharp vertical line decline. The first was a low of 2.60, SP close on 4/25, which featured a decline of 26.6% from the preceding peak of 3.54. Whenever two sharp declines of 10% or more from peak to low occur within a 3-month period, that marks a sell relative to my technical analysis model.

On Monday 5/6, the poultry manufacturer TSN triggered a horizontal pattern sell rule.

Sell Now Triggers (5/10): MRNA
    I know MRNA was a recent buy. However, on 5/10 at the close, the 200D flashed the first decline of the brand new incline cycle. The 200D simple moving average was 98.38, which was a decline from the 200D average on the former trading day 5/9, which was 98.40. On my technical analysis model, it’s best to be out of the position while the 200D is declining.

Stock Model Recent Buy Triggers: UEIC
    UEIC actually flashed its buy trigger on 4/30.However, I was not able to chart this stock and missed the early bird opportunity. Nonetheless, I didn’t want to hide it from you. A former stock price of $ 40 / share last reached in 2022 is still more than 3x hat of the current stock price of 12.63. There is definitely potential for growth.

New Buy Now Triggers (5/10): BAND, CEG, FLO, MTX, NVDA, SRTS, TASK, DELL, GDDY, GKOS, CDNA, WWD, STRL, FSTR, APP
    Bandwidth (BAND) is a communications platform as a service company that reported first quarter revenue up 24% and raised guidance for the year. Productivity in communications, as well as customer service analytics to help companies optimize their efficiency and quality in communications, will be a key driver of growth for this company. This 538 million small cap stock is also poised to grow on a technical level, as it is now beginning a new buy cycle with a 200D shifted to an incline.

FLO, a packaged food stock, flashed a new buy cycle on Friday 5/10, as the 200 D featured it’s first incline, and the stock price and 10D inclining very nicely with smooth and solid incline pattern. Packaged food as good fundamentals given that restaurant food as increased significantly, causing a lot of households to trim down and eat more at home. This recent trend fundamental is also boding well for Hormel Foods (HRL), which is on the close to buy triggers list for this week.

There is still a HUGE fundamental shortage of steel within North America and a high demand to get material within North America. Manufacturers are scrambling for coils of steel and paying top dollar for spot buys. For this reason, steel making FSTR is a great stock and is starting nice buy cycle.

Look for DELL to benefit with huge growth given all the new ground breaking occurring on new data centers around the country, with huge construction projects planned to support the new AI infrastructure. The most recent was the Wisconsin groundbreaking of the AI data center by Microsoft this past week. GDDY should have always been owned according to the model, but given the recent break-out opportunity, now is a good time to jump on the run-up that appears is likely to happen next.

Close to Buy Triggers (5/10): BALY, BGS, BLNK, BZFD, CBAT, CLFD, CWEN, D, ENPH, FN, HRL, HTOO, IBP, INGN, IPI, JD, LASE, LESL, MAS, MASI, MELI, NEE, NOTV, NTR, NVCR, NWL, OCGN, PATH, PDYN, PRPL, RDWR, SEE, SILK, SKLZ, SLDP

Current model owned stocks as of 5/10 (stop sell price):
    AZZ (71.07), BSX (64.91), CENX (15.38), DOV (164.58), EME (325.57), ETN (293.74), PWR (238.05), QTWO (49.12), SCCO (99.87), SPXC (113.80), TDG (1145.77), TCOM (44.69), TNDM (32.65), TT (277.73), UEIC (9.96), ULBI (11.71), USLM (285.56), VST (64.34), ZIM (12.84)

Quantity of current Holdings: 24

Less: New Sells 0
    Plus: New Buys 15
    New Stock Quantity 39
    Ludicrous Stock Model Portfolio:
    36.4% invested in stocks, and 63.6% in cash (prior to new buys)

Market Status Update Ludicrous Market timing model status is still Dark Blue. It is OK to purchase some select stocks that meet buy requirements during the dark blue stage, with caution. On the index side of things, I’m still waiting for the S&P500 index price to rise 2.0% above the 10-Day moving average where the all green is signaled. It will be interesting to see the inflation numbers for April. We’ll see if the market equity index timing model shows green. On the stock investing side of things, there is definitely a lot more buy triggers starting to sprout, as can be seen by the number of new buy triggers for this week.

Happy Investing,
    Ludicrous Returns

almx likes this.
  2. Ludicrous Returns

Hey Everyone,
    UPDATE 14 MAY: New Buy triggers as of today: CWEN (Utilities - renewable energy), INGN (Biotechnology), NEE (Utilities - renewable energy).
    Each of these buys is in a brand new stock investment cycle.
    Very close to new buys: BLNK, ENPH, IPI, TUP.
    Stop sell orders of Monday New Buys: Symbol (stop sell price)
    BAND (17.63), CEG (174.32), FLO (23.32), MTX (69.48), NVDA (837.65), SRTS (4.62), TASK (13.63), DELL (112.74), GDDY (108.30), GKOS (89.65), CDNA (10.94), WWD (145.11), STRL (94.08), FSTR (23.69), APP (66.66)

3. almx

almx New Member

Hi!
    Didn't have UEIC in my radar, thanks!
    It matches my criteria but would not entry above 11.20

Already in BAND since May 1 at 18.99,
    Overall, your list is good, some of your names are in my radar, some others are over-extended or too far in their trends for me.

Some Stocks maybe worth having a look at them: BROS, HRL, MATV