2 min read - Smoking-Highlight of last Week (8/2~8/6)

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Alex Moon, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Alex Moon

Alex Moon New Member

Hey, lazy stoners. I re-rolled all the highlights of last week on the stock market as usual. You’re welcome. [​IMG]
    “I want my profit higher than me.” – Myself.

This week has been pretty optimistic as the earning season is showing results. I might call my mom and tell her to buy some stocks also. Feel free to add in if I missed considering any.

-COVID [​IMG]
    Fear of Delta variants and inflation is likely the reason for the volatility. According to CDC, 97% of people who died of COVID are unvaccinated people after the vaccine became accessible easily. I’m expecting the pandemic to end soon and stoners get-together life comes back.

-Earning reports [​IMG]
    Over 80% of S&P 500 companies reported Q2 earnings, up 101% versus the same quarter last year. It’s more than just an inflation, things are actually getting better.
    However, keep in mind tho. Many companies will suffer from supply shortages, along with higher input and transportation costs. Try not to be too optimistic when it comes to certain businesses such as auto and tech. As they might have lower profit margins in the future.

-Employment report
    July employment report showed a stronger-than-expected rebound. I’ll spare the details. Just trust me, it’s doing good. Even my stoner neighbour is getting back to work.[​IMG]

-EV market[​IMG]
    EV sales are surging, well above previous quarterly and yearly levels—both in California and in the U.S. as a whole. Along with Biden’s tougher standards for fuel economy and emissions, on a path to 50% battery electric and plug-in hybrid sales by 2030. (News source: GreenCarReports)
    You might wanna check out some of the EV stocks if you’re optimistic about it. Tell me what you think? Is EV still a strong growing trend worth investing in?

My takes
    Last week’s data proved to be fundamentally solid. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if some healthy pullback occurred in such a bull market - even a small incident might scare the crap out of some investors. It is impractical to time it. Just don’t get too high and throw all your money at once. [​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

• meme.jpg
      meme.jpg
      File size:
      50.2 KB
      Views: