Advice- Issue Dealing With Landlord and Eviction

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by ddebrazza, Jul 7, 2021.

1. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

Thanks

We are scheduled to go sign our new lease this weekend.

I got the job I had been hoping for today BUT there is still 2-weeks + of On-boarding and Training before I can actually get started, so a few more weeks of needing to find side hustles to make money

Things seem to be taking a turn. Hopefully they keep trending this direction. And hopefully we win our legal battle with this Landlord.

Syynik and RachXchange like this.
  2. RachXchange

RachXchange Member

I thought you had thought you could still can't that be your side Hustle that's great that things are looking up on you whether it's all working out I understand how that goes behold we all have been there and all that stuff so it's not easy in this world

3. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

Unfortunately my business is extremely cyclical right now. Meaning I grow a crop, it sells, then I go a period of having nothing until my next harvest is complete. I am very much in the infant stages.

4. RachXchange

RachXchange Member

That's understandable that makes sense. Im new to all that small business stuff in the pot industry.

5. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

We had court today with the Landlord.

I must say how fucked our legal system is. If you do not have a lawyer to represent you then you are basically fucked. Even with our ridiculous situation in which basically everyone has agreed our landlord is a piece of shit, the Judge ruled in the Landlords favor and will make a final determination as to the amount of money owed on/by Wednesday.

The judge will either award them the Landlord the full amount for rent, 1000.00$. Or he could pro-rate that amount and order us to pay a percentage.

I think 50% of the rent would be fair. Since we did still live there and the AC was ultimately fixed around halfway thru the month.