AMD - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

I was travelling up to my farm property in NW Wisconsin. On the way, near La Crosse, on May 31st had a popliteal aneurism burst behind my knee. The popliteal artery feeds blood from the femoral artery to the lower leg and foot. The aneurism burst and clotted up the downstream arteries. Spent a week in a La Crosse hospital with catheters in my leg pumping clot busting drugs and had surgery to bypass the aneurism with an artificial graft (hose). Last weekend that graft clotted up on me, so back to the hospital for more clot busting drugs and stenting of the area where they originally sewed in the graft. Hopefully that solves the problem. I've always been physically active and being only in my late 50s I'm not ready to have them cut it off quite yet.

fireopal and bigbear83 like this.
  2. Onepoint272

AMD closed the summer season (pre-Labor Day) right on the 50 SMA at 13.19. My average cost is 12.63, so above water some. The last ER reported 2 cents/share on a zero/share estimate so it appears the CM took the opportunity to take some profits, selling to the over-enthusiastic public. Now it appears the CM is slowly buying it back from the public. Longer term I'm looking for $37.50 based on the point & figure count over an 8.5-year trading range.

upload_2017-9-3_22-54-48.png

T0rm3nted likes this.
  3. LloydWCoutee

LloydWCoutee Active Member

China just made a huge move against cryptocurrencies. Bearish for AMD?

4. Onepoint272

Yeah, the low-end close on Friday would support your hypothesis of a pullback. This latest trading range is sitting atop a much larger and longer range dating back 8.5 years; it's a very explosive opportunity for some big gains I believe. I think I'll be adding again on a low volume pullback or a high-volume shake-out that does not follow thru.

5. fidelgeorge

fidelgeorge Well-Known Member

Some bears here will be real surprised when we shrug off the NK background noise and rocket higher. Can't ignore momentum building.

Jack Levy and Charles Noble like this.
  6. Charles Noble

Charles Noble Well-Known Member

$15 to $18 in October. Set up and buy the dip. Shorts are screwed no matter what if they don’t start covering. They know it.

fidelgeorge and Jack Levy like this.
  7. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

You like those Elliot waves? ;)

yeah, I like AMD, hope to see it move like that!

8. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

11.95 is essential for support.

Onepoint272 likes this.
  9. bigbear83

bigbear83 Active Member

thx for the update @Onepoint272

hope you're feeling back close to 100% soon!

good to see you still posting despite all of that.

Onepoint272 likes this.
  10. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

Getting caught up with some reading >> 7 Stocks to Sell Before They Crash

"... Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD) has been one of the have-nots. Shares are reversing their gains for the year and challenging critical technical support. AMD has spent the past three months bouncing from support from the stock’s 10-month moving average.

This month, the stock will narrowly miss a close below this trendline, but expect September to start with another challenge.
    The last time AMD broke this long-term support level was in 2014 ahead of a 50% decline in share value. Right now, we’re targeting the potential for a move to $9 — which would be a 30%-plus loss from here..." https://investorplace.com/2017/09/7-stocks-that-could-collapse-soon/2/#.WbVIs7KGN0x

11. Charles Noble

Sure am glad I cover my short at $12.17 Friday. Unless N. Korean launches tomorrow, we should move back up near $13.

12. Charles Noble

Overall on the weekly chart......consolidation period is becoming exhausted & I expect her to begin huge run up o $14.50 - $15 soon.

13. fidelgeorge

10 of the top 30 best selling CPU on Amazon is AMD. That's 33%. Now relate this to MC of Intel > 15:1. AMD is gaining in CPU and DC

Pouie, Jack Levy and Charles Noble like this.
  14. fidelgeorge

Glad I bought more when it dipped to 12.19 in AH when everyone freaked out about NK lol. Green tomorrow. Futures already heading green

Jack Levy and Charles Noble like this.
  15. Charles Noble

Bears are so desperate and trying so hard.at the end AMD profit ramp up will show on all following quarters and AMD will rule for years.!

16. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Great start to the day so far, maybe we can recover this support line today?

upload_2017-9-15_8-58-20.png

StockJock-e likes this.
  17. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Looks like its getting ready for a move to $14

bigbear83 and Austin vanderweide like this.
  18. Onepoint272

I think there is a good probability of that. It needs to get back over that 12.64 line; the close of June 20th and the launch pad of June 21st where heavy demand previously came into this market.

They dropped it under the 12.64 line on Friday Sept 8th (before Monday 9-11) but not on heavy volume; 61M. I think the big boyz were accumulating under there this past week, because there was no down-side follow thru, it found higher support than the previous down-waves, the overall volume was tepid, and it tested the Sept 8th 12.04 low which was on 61M shares with only 37M shares at 12.11; it couldn't find enough supply to overcome demand in order to reach the 12.04 low.

So this past Friday It headed north to find supply. Apparently it found some supply at the 12.64 axis line. It did back off from the HOD a bit but spent the afternoon churning around the closing price. I expect that was absorption of shares by the smart money.

upload_2017-9-17_12-54-59.png

leonx81 and T0rm3nted like this.
  19. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for letting us know what happened. I had been visiting this forum daily and hoping for TTT's return one day.

I am at a loss for words. My sympathy is with you in your time of grieving.

TTT was a mentor to me, if it wasn't him I would not be brave enough to invest in AMD and benefit from the gains. He was very kind and always shared his knowledge with many of us on investing/trading. I was very very fortunate to have a chance to learn from him in a short period of time. He would definitely be missed.

I am still relative new to trading and so glad that @T0rm3nted was able to answer your questions regarding the AMD shares.

Once again, please accept my condolences, my prayers are with you and your family.

Onepoint272 likes this.
  20. Onepoint272

The Fast Money final trades today were:

AMD (2 votes)
    BAC
    GILD
    INTC

leonx81 and T0rm3nted like this.