AMD - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Mar 31, 2016.

1. rolexian

rolexian Member

I have some pre-earnings-purchased calls I am thinking of closing at 15. I had had a much larger share of AMD but shaved away part of my position at ~9.40 and a whole half of it at 4.30. Maybe I should have been adding whilst I was selling!.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Hindsight is 20-20, but you should never complain/focus on missed profits, just focus on the fact that you made profits!

3. SammyN

SammyN New Member

How much higher do we think this can go in the next few months? I'm debating selling my shares.

StockJock-e likes this.
  4. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

5. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Im really interested in potentially upgrading my PC now, these prices on Ryzen are amazing!

6. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Im not sure, this thing has taken off like crazy!

Safe thing to do is just take some off the table, no need to sell it all at once.

Sell a bit, if it goes up, sell a bit more until you are comfortable with letting the rest ride.

7. leonx81

Me too. Little too late preordering the 1800X from Amazon and Newegg, probably picking one up from the local Fry's or Micro Center.

8. SammyN

SammyN New Member

I bought AMD around 3-4 years ago at $2.30. I sold it a few months at $6.50 and then rebought a week after again at $8. Trying to avoid short term gains haha.

leonx81 likes this.
  9. Pouie

Pouie Member

You can pre-order at Micro Center!

leonx81 likes this.
  10. leonx81

Pouie and T0rm3nted like this.
  11. FastEddy

FastEddy Member

I have following Tip for years to back in the old hotstockmarket days and I have made a bundle on his picks. I miss the analogies he gave on stocks. It's like he had a crystal ball.

I am in email contact with him and he told me he was happy that many are making money on AMD and others. He said he was playing the 14 and 15 March 24th calls.on AMD.

He said he does plan on coming back but he has some issues to resolve first and he is enjoying his vacation, He was getting burn't out from his massive postings.

Pouie, leonx81 and Stockaholic like this.
  12. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Thx for that update @FastEddy ! Glad to hear he's doing OK. We've truly missed around here in a big way!

13. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice update. I think a lot of it is also that he doesn't get many opinions from lots of others on OTHER picks. He's one of the very few on here who posts picks and their thoughts on stocks. It would be pretty frustrating to be giving out picks to many others and giving that much time while there's not many other people doing the same thing. Hard to keep giving over and over when you don't get anything out of it. I know he really does enjoy doing it, but you can see where he'd get burnt out.

Hopefully we can get some more TTT's around here so that when he does make his return, he doesn't feel alone!

leonx81 likes this.
  14. Montego335

Montego335 New Member

I've been trying to be strict on my price targets.. setting them and getting out when I hit them. I've lost too much (usually in options) by getting greedy and ending up losing out. Based on what I just put together yesterday, I had my targets right where it hit today (double height of move and trend line). I sold my smallish position to protect against a Trump-dip or "sell the news" event tomorrow. It'll be fun to see what happens when hype meets technicals!

Attached Files:

15. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

16. leonx81

17. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Live streaming on youtube as well:

18. leonx81

AMD reveals Radeon Vega's final name, infuses Bethesda games with Vulkan

upload_2017-2-28_14-47-22.png

The expected showdown between Radeon Vega GPUs and the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti at GDC on Tuesday won’t be a showdown after all. New technical details about AMD’s hotly anticipated enthusiast-class graphics cards were almost nowhere to be found during the company’s “Capsaicin & Cream” livestream—though Radeon head Raja Koduri did reveal that the brand name for Vega GPUs will indeed be “Radeon RX Vega,” rather than RX 490 or RX 580.

What a tease.

Read more:http://www.pcworld.com/article/3174...-vulkan-cozies-up-to-a-geforce-now-rival.html

19. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, I watched a decent amount of the livestream. Didn't really have any news. Just "things are going to be faster and better" type news that you get in all tech companies news releases. Only piece of news was a partnership with Bethesda to work together to optimize their games with Ryzen and Vega.

Is there another stream tonight? They said there's more to come later...

20. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Not sure if there is another one.

I think they should send some of those Ryzen PCs our way so we can test them.