AMZN - Amazon.com Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Mar 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. tbw875

tbw875 Active Member

Hey Folks! A Stockaholics Exclusive here! I tried out FreshPickup just now for the first time, and was going to write a little report to show my findings:

First, there are two Pickup locations in Seattle. One is in Ballard: It's the one you see in all of the photos, since its a standalone storefront with way more branding. The second one is in SoDo, south of the city. Ballard is known for its crazy traffic, so I opted for the SoDo location. This storefront is a little more hidden, mostly because it is in the parking lot of Starbucks' world headquarters. The pickup lot is slightly detached from the storefront, and there is less branding.

The lot consisted of simply a large parking-lot roof, a few spots, and these displays at each spot, seen in one of the photos below. This is different than the Ballard location, where there is a screen to greet you. The storefronts are inaccessible, but still branded as Amazon FreshPickup. I saw a couple of employees outside. I wonder what it will be like when it rains.

Last night, I took maybe 30 minutes in bed making my grocery list. It topped out at about $60, but I feel like I got way more than I usually would have at QFC. For example, 1 bunch of Bananas $1.58. 1 head of Romaine, $1.99. 16oz Painted Hills Ground Beef, 86/14, $6.20. Dry staples are all pretty identical to QFC.

At the lot, a gentleman walked up, asked my name, and within 10 seconds I could see the little arrows flashing telling me that my order is on the way. It took about 90 seconds for my order to be carted out. I opened the back door for him, and he loaded all 3 bags for me. I'm blown away by that response time. With the license plate recognition that was mentioned on GeekWire, my next visit should be shorter since they will read my plate as soon as I pull up.

I wish I took some more photos, but it was a lot quicker than I expected. I will certainly be doing this again. Let me know if you have any questions!
    IMG_20170529_153416.jpg Starbucks parking lot
    IMG_20170529_153355.jpg Order Status Bars
    IMG_20170529_154818.jpg 3 bags, no particular order of items.

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

That is interesting!

Will you be using that service more in the future?

3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

$1000! again!

4. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

That's brilliant! I need to try it some time.

5. tbw875

tbw875 Active Member

@StockJock-e Yes, Absolutely! I'm usually out and driving on the weekends anyways, so its somehow actually easier to go to SoDo than two blocks up the hill to the grocery store.

@blypelako You should! I wouldn't doubt seeing it roll out in similar cities as the actual Fresh pilot. Although, Fresh is losing money bigtime.

6. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I think we see a lot of people take advantage of that dip on Friday here

7. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Tempting but my buy n hold days are over.

8. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

really nice bounce back here. It may not go over 1000 this week but I believe it won't go down any further either. I don't think we will revisit the Friday low.

tbw875 likes this.
  9. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

The way it's bounced off the 50MA twice makes me think that will remain support. I'll bet the dip continues gradually but then rides the 50MA back up over $1000. That would be my guess anyways.

upload_2017-6-12_20-30-3.png

tbw875 likes this.
  10. Jack Levy

Jack Levy Well-Known Member

I was worried that amazon wasn't coming back. My mom told me it had joined the circus, and so I shall double down and wait for its return.

StockJock-e likes this.
  11. Charles Noble

Charles Noble Well-Known Member

Two years ago amazon had a 2 handle. Bears always talk about the money they make Shorting drops. It makes no sense. Do the math!

StockJock-e likes this.
  12. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I would like to see this support level

[​IMG]

Kaban and T0rm3nted like this.
  13. Clair

Clair Active Member

14. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

Interesting choice. I wouldn't necessarily call Whole Foods essential, unlike Amazon.

15. fidelgeorge

fidelgeorge Well-Known Member

The acquisition of WFM is genius from a logistical and financial perspective. The growth in market cap means they get WFM for free.

16. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Amazon strikes again: Nordstrom, JC Penney shares tank on 'Prime Wardrobe' rollout

It's a simple idea: try before you buy, and only pay for what you keep. Pick out three items or more, and you get shipping for free (if you're a Prime member of course). You have seven days to try the stuff on and decide what you keep.

The real genius is the return policy: you get 10 percent off if you keep three or four items, 20 percent off if you keep five or more. The more you keep, the more you save. Dump the rest in the box and leave it at your doorstep: "You don't even need to be home when they come by to pick it up for free."

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/20/amazon-strikes-again-nordstrom-jc-penney-tanks-on-prime-wardrobe.html

T0rm3nted likes this.
  17. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Amazon taking over the world

18. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

Let me know when they start delivering beer.... ill have a drone lite

19. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I've always wondered why there's not a "beer delivery" service out there in like every city. Save on DUI's + convenience for everyone.

20. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

Same here... i always assumed it had something to do with the goofy pointless alcohol laws that different states and counties dream up