Apple & Bitcoin

Discussion in 'Crypto Forum' started by IMJ, Feb 10, 2021.

1. IMJ

IMJ Member

If the news about Apple moving into the crypto space in both buying/selling and accepting crypto via apple pay is true, then I can see both of those investments taking another leap.

And right now, after the split last year, Apple shares are affordable again. And I don't know who wants to throw 50k at a bitcoin right now, but if that announcement happens it's going to be like the Tesla announcement but on steroids.

Thoughts? Actions?

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Overdone IMO.

Bitcoin getting mass adoption by Tesla has to be some sort of sign that its no longer some niche magical internet money that your techie cousin told you about.

Usually these kinds of events market a top of sorts, be it short term or otherwise.

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Interesting. I haven't followed one like this before. Seems to me like adoption as an acceptable currency for tesla, and then potentially a company as large as apple as well, would only increase the price.

4. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

The truth is that Elon was bashing BTC in December:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1340588909974200321?lang=en

He was buying the dip.

Then magically he announces a $1.5B position, it goes up 20%...

Since there is no regulatory body to report too, I am willing to be that a fair chunk was sold off into this rally and will be rebought at lower levels.

A quick $150-$200M profit locked in.

turtle957 and T0rm3nted like this.
  5. Rustic1

Rustic1 Well-Known Member

More and more are accepting it as a form of payment. You don't have to own it to do so, it can be instantly exchanged. Most dont understand it and refuse to accept the fact that is not going away. As inflation erodes the U.S. dollar, many are looking for other alternatives.