ATVI - Activision Blizzard Inc.

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Mar 31, 2016.

1. EcoWOLFrb

EcoWOLFrb New Member

Looks like they're breaking their resistance, could go up a few dollars. This is my favorite stock, I've traded it back and forth. Wait until earnings comes out, overwatch wasn't estimated to sell as much as it has.

2. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

You know, considering how I think Bay-style story about brave American marines a complete waste of paper, any mode that allows a more unique experience is really welcome. Besides, it's just quite a fun mode.

3. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

But this is free 10/10 from IGN though! Anyhow, as much as I told myslef I was done with CoD, I'm a little bit hyped for IW now. At least for the single player part of it.

4. Clair

Clair Active Member

You can always refund it if you don't like the first two hours of it. I did it with Ghosts.

5. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

I am probably getting it on PS4 (if at all) and Sony has the weirdest refund policy ever.

6. Clair

Clair Active Member

Never had a console myself. What's wrong with their refund policy?

7. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

You can only refund something that hasn't been downloaded on the console yet. So I assume only the most random accidental purchases can be refunded.

8. Clair

Clair Active Member

Wow, that's both stupid and useless. Refund policy for PC market is so much better. You can actually try it and refund anything you did not like. A shame something of the sort is not implemended on PS4.

9. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

Yeah I do agree with you. When Steam refund policy was implemented I didn't have a PS4 yet. Then I got one cause I didn't feel like investing too much in a gaming platform. Fortunately I haven't had a need to refund anything on PSN yet but when I read through their policy I had a nice laugh.

10. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

Well, from my experience PSN support is always opened for requests. You can always convince them if you really need a refund. I believe they don't want to implement a system similar to Steam to prevent abusement of it, when players purchase a game, play it as long as possible and then require refund as if they didn't like the game. Imo the only type of games that really require refund system is online games.

11. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

You can only refund a game with playtime of less than 2 hours in 14 day period on Steam (quite fair imo).

12. Clair

Clair Active Member

No, it doesn't work this way. The developers and publishers would never go for that, it's too easy to abuse. You can only refund it if you spent less than two hours in it, which is a fair policy. A simpler solution I feel would be demo version of games. I have no idea why nobody does them anymore, I loved them.

It was probably hurting the sales pretty bad, so they stopped making 'em.

13. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

Major AAA titles sometimes have them on consoles. There was one for Final Fantasy XV, for example, but availability was temporary.

14. Clair

Clair Active Member

I honestly don't understand why they stopped making those. Every title should have one.

15. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

My opinion is that they used to let players try the game and figure out if they like it - a role now played by streams and youtube reviews.

16. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

True, but youtubers and streamers get the very same beta version of the game to play so why limit its availability to these selected few instead of anyone who waits/cares about the title.

17. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Because when you limit the beta version to the big names in the industry (Youtubers, streamers, etc.) you can know that they will talk it up because they want to make sure they always get access to them early so they can see an increase in viewership and support. When the big names in the industry talk about how much fun they're having playing, people will buy the games without even playing them themselves. If you release that early beta to everyone, people can form their own opinions instead of having their opinions formed for them by their favorite entertainers.

18. Clair

Clair Active Member

Doesn't work for me. It's like letting somebody else decide if it's good and if I should buy it. I never watch reviews before beating a game myself. You can also avoid spoilers this way.

19. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

I can see your point. But considering how many games come out these days compared to like 10 years ago, don't they help filtering out trash that is plenty? I'm talking about media like Gamespot and IGN here rather than streamers/youtubers.

20. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

Well, I guess it depends on the amount of free time you have. As for me, I don't have much, so my choice is most often made after seeing a couple of screenshots and a short review. Simply wouldn't have had enough time to play demo of every game I'm interested in even if they'd provided such opportunity.