ATVI - Activision Blizzard Inc.

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Clair

Clair Active Member

I see. Well, I guess it makes sense.

I feel like I have a huge experience in videogames (also worked in the industry for quite a while) and I can say which game I'll like and which I won't after a very short period of time. Long story short - I know what I want and I don't need reviews from other people.

2. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

By the way, another thing I didn't like demos - they were quite easy to use as a manipulation tool. Like put the most (and sometimes the only) exciting part of your game to a demo and easily make people buy your otherwise boring game.

3. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

Hahaha, replace a few words in your post and it'd be a definition of "cinematics" and "gameplay features" I do agree with you here.

4. Clair

Clair Active Member

And how is it different to what we have now? The portion of the game is sent to reviewers, most of which will praise it for obvious reasons. At least with demos you could try it yourself.

5. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

Sometimes demos aren't even a portion of the game. Developers just make an hour long level completely detached from the main game for their demo.

6. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

Well, THIS completely depends on how well you choose whose advise to take and how many grains of salt to add :)

7. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

True. I recall playing a demo that later turned up to be sold as part of DLC

8. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

That is very true. I do have a few people I consult with when I'm hesitating about a particular game.

9. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Piper Jaffray Analyst Olson Discusses Activision Blizzard (ATVI) on CNBC

NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Activision Blizzard (ATVI) reported 2016 second-quarter earnings after the close on Thursday that beat analyst estimates. The gaming and entertainment company posted earnings per share of 54 cents on revenue of $1.61 billion topping analysts' expectations of 42 cents earnings per share on revenue of $1.46 billion.

10. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

Sweet. Always nice to see how one of your favourite stocks beats expectations. Hope they'll be able to keep this pace and will show the same dynamic next Q.

11. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

Great quarter for ATVI. The next one could be as good with the WoW expansion and Hearthstone adventure on their way. And the next CoD, of course.

12. LloydWCoutee

LloydWCoutee Active Member

Wish my funds weren't tied up I'd buy some more.

13. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

You can't lose if you manage to repurpose some of your funds for $ATVI. Such a stock in such a time is a certain buy.

14. Clair

Clair Active Member

The next CoD is more of a downside, I think. It is the most second disliked video on YouTube, if I am not mistaken.

15. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

Haha, yeah, I watched it when it got revealed at E3. I don't think the trailer was that bad, it's just that EA was trying to create a false impression of the game which will obviously have different gameplay, graphics etc. Quite common these days, sadly.

16. Clair

Clair Active Member

I think you meant ATVI, not EA, right? Speaking about EA - I think their new Battlefront will actually hurt CoD sales a great deal.
    I'm gonna assume that MW remake will save the sales this time around though.

17. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

It's like an endless cycle - CoD and Battlefield are going to keep jostling each other with minor improvements and changes as long as there is no worthy commpetition for them.

18. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

Yeah, spaced out for a second, ofc meant ATVI. I know quite a few people who're more excited for a MW remake than IW itself. Smart move from them to sell the remake only in a bundle with IW :p

19. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

Really? Excited for a remake? But... Why? You've already played the game, why would you be eager to buy it again with slightly improved graphics?

20. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

Just gamer things I guess. It's one of the better games in the series so I can kind of understand why they'd want it. Same thing for Skyrim remake, people just can't get enough of their favorite titles.