B Russ Investment Journey

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by B Russ, Sep 27, 2017.

1. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

Held onto remaining FB a day too long. Was over a bag yesterday. Out today at $4.9 though. +50% they expire tomorrow, or woulda rode it.

2. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

watching tomorrow for ALRM. took a nice bounce off trend support line today. watching for follow through.
    BABA sitting on line right now. may be a good option day trade tomorrow if it wakes up early in the AM.
    DRV at the top of a downward wedge. may be a good short. not sure if it has the volatility to mess with. but is an $11 stock. options spread is WAY too big for me to mess with though.
    FB coming back on the radar in same channel. still hasn't hit support, but will be watching for a possible weekly, next week.
    Watching TWTR for a bounce and WMT to run out of steam. maybe scalp a quick short in the next couple days.

3. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

so i am late to announce my purchase. would hate to be accused of hiding losing plays, but hey...i work.
    i seem to have bought puts on one of 6 green stocks on on a 34 stock watchlist that all others were red. FML. it was WMT. bought weekly NOV 3. 87.5 strike at .66.

stock dropped, then went green and closed at 88.48. still holding though. we will see what tomorrow does. i may either cut my losses if we get a strong green candle. or if market seems tired on it, i will hold into next week.

4. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

I did cut losses on WMT. -42%

Purchased TWTR NOV 10 calls $21.5 @ .28 this morning.

5. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

Closed TWTR .59. 110% first bagger since being back. Feels good.

BermudianOption likes this.
  6. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

In YRD NOV 17 calls $48.52 strike @$1.12. Brought onto my radar from neil in the daily thread. Ty sir!

7. BermudianOption

BermudianOption Well-Known Member

What is it you like the most about YRD?

8. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

Hi Bermudian. You were a regular at the old HSM forums weren't you? Good to see you.

I just like the chart. Seems to follow a pretty predictive range with good volotility. It bottomed out and if follows its history should pop to $52 + (hopefully within the next couple weeks.) It is a wide spread and with less volume than id like as well. But feel the potential upside is worth the risk.

BermudianOption likes this.
  9. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

ROTFL & had to share with you b/c this came up when looking for stock option info on youtube so now i have pictures & a song!!

B Russ likes this.
  10. BermudianOption

BermudianOption Well-Known Member

@B Russ it's been a while since the last update. Are you still trading?

B Russ likes this.
  11. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

@B Russ

hope all is well brian! wishing you and yours a happy new year. hope to see ya back in 2018! :)

B Russ likes this.
  12. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

Hi all. Thanks for the comments. I am still trading had to take a break. My last one did blow my account up, so i had to rebuild a bit.

Got a refresher in a lesson i had already known, but got laxed. YRD did in fact go my direction on the stock, but i was too far OTM, (due to cheaper options price). the volume wasnt quite enough for options, thus the spread was too big too. So even though the stock moved my way, the theta ate into my contracts where i could never get back to green. In fact, as expiry approached, the value kept deteriorating even as the stock moved up.

Take aways. Volume and spreads should not be ignored no matter how attractive the chart is.

#32 B Russ, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  13. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

Hey hey stockaholics fam. Well this isnt an options post, but part of my investing journal. Sooo. Its official. I am a landlord (which has always been my primary investment goal) Signed the lease yesterday. 1 yr lease netting $250 profit each month. Tenant is a marine and police officer, so im hoping he will not be one of those horror stories u hear of when people say they would never rent homes out. Hopefully this will be the first lease of many.

With that said and done, I should be studied up, and geared back up to do some options trades in a week or so. If i have time from work anyway. Miss you all and ready to get back in it!

T0rm3nted and Stockaholic like this.
  14. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

Opal, your vid, i know i thumbs upped your song but in all honesty, i was probably drunk when doing so. I feel like i just heard it for the first time. That is amazing! Lmao and soooo true!

Stock goes your way, value goes down options can be a cruel cruel mistress! I have certainly felt that way as the song goes at times.

15. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

lol are you psychic or something? just mentioned in you in daily a few days ago & come on to see your thread up here o_O AND that video is goofy but made me laugh!!

16. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Congrats on the new investment and hope it's one of many @B Russ. A guy I work with owns 55 houses, that could be you some day!

fireopal and B Russ like this.
  17. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

Lawd, i hope so! And thanks. It feels great! Its been a long time coming filled with lots of setbacks but mainly excuses.

18. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

Ok got 2 calls purchased today.
    CAR june 15 calls $44 strike @$1.70
    And MTCH june 15 $40 calls in @ $1.89 (bump to neil for putting it on my radar)

Good feelz to be trading again;)

fireopal likes this.
  19. AverageJoesTrades

AverageJoesTrades Well-Known Member

Congrats on the rental. I’m kicking the tires on getting into a rental property(ies).

B Russ likes this.
  20. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

Thanks Joe. I will let you know in a couple years if it was the best or worst decision ever. :) jk. Ive been talking about it and working toward it for years. Sad to say how many, since ive only just started. But always knew i want it to be my end game.