BBW - Build-A-Bear Workshop Inc.

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

[​IMG]

Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer of plush animals and related products. The company operates in three segments: Direct-to-Consumer, International Franchising, and Commercial. Its merchandise comprises approximately 30 styles of stuffed animals; clothing, shoes, and accessories for the stuffed animals; and other toy and novelty items. The company operates its stores under the Build-A-Bear Workshop brand name; and sells its products through its e-commerce Websites, buildabear.com and buildabear.co.uk. As of January 2, 2016, it operated 329 owned stores in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Denmark; and 77 franchised stores in Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East, and Mexico. The company has strategic relationships with Disney, DreamWorks Animation, and Hasbro. Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri.

2. Stockaholic

Build-A-Bear meets 3Q profit forecasts
    ST LOUIS (AP) _ Build-A-Bear Workshop Inc. (BBW) on Thursday reported third-quarter earnings of $1.8 million.

On a per-share basis, the St. Louis-based company said it had net income of 11 cents.

The results matched Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of three analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was also for earnings of 11 cents per share.

The toy retailer posted revenue of $83.7 million in the period.

Build-A-Bear shares have decreased 13 percent since the beginning of the year. The stock has fallen 40 percent in the last 12 months.

3. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

They have a good business model, been there myself

upload_2016-10-27_7-56-57.png

4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Inverse head-and-shoulders pattern on this one, sitting at support right now on the right shoulder. Looks like a decent entry with room to run up to the 200MA for about a 15% gain. Not a great risk/reward in my opinion though as if it breaks this support line, could easily see $8 again.

upload_2018-2-5_9-40-20.png

5. Lonnie Ray

Lonnie Ray Active Member

I sear this sounds like something I would see on Shark Tank.

6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm a clairvoyant. Would you look at that!

upload_2018-2-7_13-59-2.png

Stockaholic likes this.
  7. Stockaholic

Haha, nice call there! That $8 was exactly the low print to a tee.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  8. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Found the floor at 3.xx
    Hey, if ETSY can fly to all time highs, this should at least be able to survive too right? Amazon can't take the bear building business.
    [​IMG]

StockJock-e likes this.
  9. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Ive always wondered how this company does. Never checked on their financials, but I have been there enough with my kids. You get a "pay your age" deal with kids, so every year they get one. There is a pretty good line on weekends to get your bear stuffed and set up.

Im not sure what kind of growth prospects they have though, this is a tough business to expand in the way that most shareholders like.

10. anotherdevilsadvocate

I saw today that BBW has a 30% growth rate forecast. "For a bricks and mortar store?" Turns out they have a website and they sell stuff already made (already stuffed, as they like to say). I'm also seeing a lot of Disney-related items, guess they've got a deal.

11. anotherdevilsadvocate

Bump...for the bear market.
    [​IMG]

12. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Wth?

This was not on my bingo card for one of the best performing stocks of the past two years :D

13. anotherdevilsadvocate

Build-A-Bear’s stuffed animals targeting “kidults” — with some dressed in bikinis and others wearing a Hugh Hefner-style robe while pouring champagne — has led some critics to slam the child-friendly company.

The St. Louis, Mo.-based toy company rolled out the risque accessories for their stuffed bears as part of a Valentine’s Day promotion.

The seemingly inappropriate attire also includes a black slip dress, satin robes and pajamas, leopard heart boxers and gold strap heels.

Another shirt reads the word “ZADDY” — a slang term for an attractive older man.

[​IMG]

https://nypost.com/2024/02/09/business/build-a-bears-after-dark-sexy-animals-sparks-outrage/amp/