Beginner Understanding

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by pfar54, Jul 14, 2016.

1. pfar54

pfar54 New Member

To learn the stock market, I invested a small amount $50 into robinhood and I made my first investment yesterday. I bought one share of stock from BLE for $16.28 around closing time. I have a very limited knowledge and was hoping that I could get some insights from more seasoned stock investors whether this was a good/bad decision.

I have not made a decision whether it will be short/mid/long-term investment.

I read a post on here about technical analysis (I think that was the term) and saw something about a 200 day analysis with looking for key points that the stock usually goes down to and then from that point it normally goes back up. So while looking at this company I noticed some-what of a trend.

I saw a trend that the stock went to the blue line point over the last 3-4 months and then went back up.

[​IMG]

Over the last year the stock has went through these trends and has continued to climb.

[​IMG]

I am not sure if my limited understanding has gauged this in the correct manner. All I know is since I purchased yesterday, in the short two hours the market has been open, the stock is now priced at $15.94, for a loss of $0.34 or 2.09%. It seems I should have waited some more.

I would appreciate any thoughts or insight.

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I love that so many people are getting into the market this way!

You got it backwards, you need to have a plan before you make the trade, not the other way around!

As for charts, go to the live charts link at the top of this page, its way easier.

A word of warning about TA, its not going to be your magic bullet, you need to spend a lot of time learning the ropes!

3. pfar54

pfar54 New Member

I will be more precise with future trades. This investment was more or less a current understanding assessment in which I hope to learn upon. I do not know enough about the benefits/disadvantages of the investment length period to have a plan yet.

You are right, these other charts are much better. Thanks!

Basically what I am trying to figure out is how I can better my analysis and how well my thought process was for this particular investment.

4. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Have you dropped by the education section here yet?

5. pfar54

pfar54 New Member

Yes, I have. I didn't see too much for beginners other than the "What is a stock" thread. Then I looked over your TA thread.

6. pfar54

pfar54 New Member

This goes along with my "Beginners" themed topic. Was today's results lower than normal? All of my stocks tanked today, some under 1%...others up to 7%. It seems like every stock I looked at went down. Even my diversified account with accorns went down 2%. How often does it happen where it seems like all stocks go down significantly?

7. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

IMO you are building a house starting from the roof :eek: not the foundation like anyone would do :D
    Gil post made it clear...

yesterday I didn't wont to reply-post but today I was DD I found the follow passage and thought to post it to answer your Q but you have to learn much more then that ... good luck

8. pennystock

pennystock New Member

forums don't usually look like what http://stockaholics.net have. but i don't see education section here. i resorted to youtube videos to learn stock market. so where is it? please post the link.

found it sorry. i guess i have to click the house logo above where it goes to a link
    http://stockaholics.net/forums/#general-forums.1