Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

Bitcoin - Crypto investing and trading discussion

Discussion in 'Bitcoin Forum' started by heyimsnuffles, Dec 22, 2016.

1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Its not so much investing as it is trading.

There is risk with an investment, but bitcoin is by no means the safe haven that some preach.

2. RobinDrip

RobinDrip New Member

1895B5C9-7428-4650-9E62-5D46A0F00261.jpeg

Still holding

Vdubman likes this.
  3. Vdubman

Vdubman Well-Known Member

Looking for next leg up to $12500. If the equity markets dump next week then we shall see many margin calls of BTC dumping to $9200 range maybe even $8900

4. gabrie1980

gabrie1980 New Member

Funny pic, tho. After reading a few articles about the technical analysis I think about other ways of investment. Crypto is volatile it can go up suddenly. I agree with a statement that "bitcoin is by no means the safe haven that some preach" but I think it could be worth trying.

5. andyvds

andyvds New Member

i have at least 100 spam mails about some unserious bitcoin site every day blocked by my e-mail provider, landing in the server spam box.

you might get the impression that something is nasty about bitcoin. although the technology is fascinating. i'm not in the game.

6. axisx

axisx New Member

i started investing in crypto in 2017 and i think it’s the future of currencies and will always keep rising up i started with this site https://ndax.io/markets/btccad and i made 200 bucks that time because it was the golden time of bitcoin in 2017 but now it worth less than how it was worth in 2017 but it still high and people still invest in it so much, i think it will explode soon and i’m sure about because i have been investing in it long years ago, other reason to grow is the virus pandemic which mean people will tend to use digital currincess more.

#466 axisx, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  7. Vdubman

Well that was pretty accurate.
    That Sunday flash crash to $10400 from $12300. $1.3billion lost to margin calls in 15 minutes lol. 72,000 margin calls in 15 minutes.

8. Vdubman

Bitcoin back over $12k now on good volume. Asian markets love it

9. Ace864

Ace864 New Member

I don't agree that bitcoins are not risky at all. Still, people are losing money on their value. Now, the value of bitcoin is going down, and it tends to be even lower. I cannot say that cryptocurrency can be considered as a long-term investment. After it was launched in 2009, it had its ups and downs. Now, it’s drops on a market again, which is weird because after the lockdown value for everything digital should increase. Now, everything is uncertain about it. I wouldn’t invest everything in bitcoin, since I’m mostly a risk-averse person. Honestly, the real-estate investment seems more promising and stable in the future.

#469 Ace864, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  10. Vdubman

Bitcoin has been struggling to break that $12300 resistance twice now. Looking for more downward pressure today and the rest of the week.

11. The Brontide

The Brontide Active Member

It struggles at 12 only because the whales moved up their sell program to 12 from 10.

The more retail buys the higher the sell target will be at.

It was stuck between 9 and 10 for awhile.

I do keep a side-eye on it, but haven't dabbled in it for many months.

I do see a head and shoulders pattern forming on the three month chart. Waiting to see where the shoulder goes, if it does.

12. Vdubman

Yes I’m watching it now as well.

13. Vdubman

Bitcoin holding $10200 support still.

ltc/eth broken support hard

14. The Brontide

The Brontide Active Member

Yes it seems stuck. Millions of dollars stolen from a broker in bc, and the market didn't even blink. Markets tank, still no blink.

It is stuck in a trading range it looks like. But the swings aren't profitable except for the larger players.

I dunno. I can't be bothered without a correction first somewhere below 10k or more.

15. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

pack an overnight bag. time to take a little ride. all aboard!

upload_2020-10-20_7-27-26.png

16. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

this train may not be coming back to the station for a while. get on board now!

upload_2020-10-21_7-7-3.png