Bitcoin - Crypto investing and trading discussion

Discussion in 'Crypto Forum' started by heyimsnuffles, Dec 22, 2016.

1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I disagree.

The price of BTC is irrelevant unless for some reason you have it in your head that you need to own a full coin and you dont have $55k lying around.

The only time the term "expensive" should be used is in term of market cap. If anybody feels that $1T in market cap is unjustified and unsustainable, then there is a debate that can be had.

Im not pointing at Bigpear, but I am saying that way too many people ignore market cap and look only at price, which is obviously wrong.

Rustic1 likes this.
  2. Rustic1

Rustic1 Well-Known Member

Very true. Both sides should always be considered.
    The very same debate can be said about TSLA, for years the non believers laughed and turned away.

Now the joke is on them. BTC has followed the same path, with the naysayers chirping like birds while it continues to prove them wrong.

I'm on the bullish side with a tad over 2 coins, although there is downside risk involved, I can afford to ride the duration.

I dont imply anyone buy at any level, as we all must make our own decisions.

I always welcome both sides of the debate. :cool2:

3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

There are not many good RSI oversold signals during a huge uptrend, but the 4hr chart does give one every so often.

We are coming up on a short term oversold RSI signal now:

upload_2021-3-25_9-5-56.png

Rustic1 likes this.
  4. Rustic1

With approx 6 Billion in option expiry coming in we may see some downward pressure. Time will tell. More and more are widely accepting the fact that BTC is here to stay and my guess any dips will quickly be absorbed.

I remain bullish and until I can be proven otherwise I will keep my tulip bulb garden watered and healthy with sunshine.:cool2:

To date the doubters have simply made fools of themselves and I simply look forward to anyone that can prove my stance otherwise.:D

5. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

It seems that options expiration has been a regular event that weighs down the price

Rustic1 likes this.
  6. Rustic1

Yes sir. Let's hope so. :cool2:

7. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

While I do not feel the exuberance has been deflated, the downtrend has certainly wiped a lot of of the over-hedged longs at this point.

8. Rustic1

Same can be said in the markets, look at these new buyers that are already upside down in the last few months. I really feel bad for the ones that are taught the "fully invested" mentality.

You always bring up a good point though. :cool2:
    Important to see all angles.

9. Rustic1

Was hoping for a pullback to add, it went the other way.:(

10. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Its because you are not diamond handing, or does that only apply to GME and AMC?

Rustic1 likes this.
  11. Rustic1

Mine is for Longterm, havent sold any. Goal is approx. 10% of my account. :cool2:

Need a few whales to dump. Everybody getting bullish, messes up my plan. Might get a break over the weekend.

Expecting the markets to bleed hard short term, got a few stocks in my sights. Time will tell.

12. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Its looking good on my 45min chart, broke the immediate downtrend today

upload_2021-3-27_11-22-12.png

CFi likes this.
  13. CFi

CFi Member

Wow, that short-term downtrend was broken with some power today.

14. Rustic1

Didn't get the dip I wanted to add. Went against me.
    My tulip garden is performing very well, but I want to add a couple more rows. :cool2:

Hoping some of you bears can work it back down, the lower the better. :D

15. Rustic1

The pullback blowed up in my face. Should have just pulled the trigger and been done with it. :lauging:

The bears and non believers get slapped on a daily basis. Bubble this suckas. :rofl:

16. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Not new, but its starting today:

Exclusive: PayPal launches crypto checkout service
    By Anna Irrera

3 Min Read

LONDON (Reuters) - PayPal Holdings Inc will announce later on Tuesday that it has started allowing U.S. consumers to use their cryptocurrency holdings to pay at millions of its online merchants globally, a move that could significantly boost use of digital assets in everyday commerce.

B Russ and Rustic1 like this.
  17. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Goldman Sachs is close to offering bitcoin and other digital assets to its wealth management clients
    Goldman Sachs is close to offering its first investment vehicles for bitcoin and other digital assets to clients of its private wealth management group, CNBC has learned exclusively.

The bank aims to begin offering investments in the emerging asset class in the second quarter, according to Mary Rich, who was recently named global head of digital assets for Goldman’s private wealth management division.

″We are working closely with teams across the firm to explore ways to offer thoughtful and appropriate access to the ecosystem for private wealth clients, and that is something we expect to offer in the near term,” Rich said in an interview this week.

Goldman is looking at ultimately offering a “full spectrum” of investments in bitcoin and digital assets, “whether that’s through the physical bitcoin, derivatives or traditional investment vehicles,” she said.

18. CFi

CFi Member

This is textbook support and resistance behavior. Check out the blue medium-term trendline: It acted as support before crashing through it. When the price came back up from the lower red channel line, it acted as resistance. Now that the price has broken through it, it acts as support again -- it has done so twice already. (Also note how the upper red channel line became support, once the price had broken through it.)

Untitled.png
    In any case, this chart (at least the downward channel was broken) is done for. Let's see what I can cook up with the new price development...

19. Rustic1

My tulip bulb garden has some heavy hitters in the fields. :cool2:

Screenshot_20210401-051646_Webull.jpg

20. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

This seasons tulip harvest is looking good!

Rustic1 likes this.