Bitcoin - Crypto investing and trading discussion

Discussion in 'Crypto Forum' started by heyimsnuffles, Dec 22, 2016.

1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

BTC miner going public on Nasdaq

upload_2021-6-10_8-20-28.png

T0rm3nted likes this.
  2. XxGoFish

XxGoFish Member

Really? I thought the market for that shit peaked like 10 years ago. Maybe that was a bad example because I am sure certain rare cards are still super collectable.

My point was, I believe it is a Fad. Sorta like E-Gold when they launched that in what, late 90's early 2000's?

3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Its past that point, crypto and specifically DEFI is making massive changes in the financial world.

4. XxGoFish

XxGoFish Member

I wouldnt agree. I would say BitCoin has only been "popular," or "mainstream," since late 2020. That is also when it saw its most significant value gain as well.

Time will tell.

On a positive note, I did just land a new job, so I can afford to leave my investments in place, which does include crypto. So I hope it goes up, but I will still keep my crypto holdings to around 10% and in my personal "high-risk" category.

I wish I could get into real estate :( .... soon.

StockJock-e likes this.
  5. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Being a fad would imply its something which got popular fast and then fades away.

Most of us involved in the markets have been involved or at least known of crypto for years already. If you had said its a fad back in 2014, yeah I would not dismiss it.

At which point is it not a fad? 10yrs? 15yrs? 20yrs?

Congrats on the new job!

6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

A few weeks ago Pokemon cards started getting talked about a ton again while NFT's were blowing up. There were people streaming themselves opening packs of cards. Cases of cards were with like $1M last month.

7. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Also Logan Paul wears that $1M pokemon card as a flex

upload_2021-6-11_8-19-8.png

8. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

There has been a shift from the alt-coins to BTC over the past few sessions. BTC market dominance charted below here in a 4hr chart:

upload_2021-6-13_9-44-29.png

The previous move to 48 there was the bounce, this current run here is a more of an accurate indicator for altcoins being sold and money shifting into BTC.

What we typically see during a bull market or the reversal of downtrends is money moving into BTC first, then the alts catching up later. This is just one possible signal you should have in your arsenal.

T0rm3nted likes this.