Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

BYND - Beyond Meat

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by StockJock-e, May 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

Yep -> 100% agree with you on that one.

Syynik likes this.
  2. Gannondaynes

Gannondaynes New Member

I just made a video expressing why I am BEARISH on $BYND over the next 2 weeks. I think that this move over the past 2 weeks was an over reaction and we will see $BYND below $100 in the next two weeks. Interested to learn if anyone else has any different perspective on $BYND -

Attached Files:

OldFart likes this.
  3. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

One of my concerns with beyond meat is I don't see a barrier of entry into the industry nor do I see a lot of franchise value.

I just had a burger Patty made from minced mushrooms and other organic stuff. It tasted less meaty than a beyond meat burger, which is already less meaty than beef, but it was just as delicious as bm and it wasn't loaded with sodium.

It was a small shop where guys with man buns go to eat along side women who are into the arts.

The point is, this small shop whipped up this burger themselves from raw ingredients and it was an excellent burger experience. They didn't need beyond meat to productize minced vegetables and seasoning.

I believe there is a place for beyond meat but I don't see it as a log term, high margin, field of operation.

4. mrcr1m

mrcr1m New Member

Thanks for the link & analysis from your perspective. I actually got lucky with the ride up and sold quite high, but then bought in at lows back again, now seems that was a mistake :)

5. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Supply chain problems are a concern for real meat, BYND getting some love.

Syynik and TomB16 like this.
  6. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Breaking out of a two month range here