Can someone answer a question please

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Dominicd, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Dominicd

Dominicd New Member

I purchased some stock on a site "name brand" sold stock and now when I look at the date I sold it on the price is a great deal higher then when sold on the same day. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Stocks move a lot within one day.

If you want to sell at a specific price, you need to place a limit order. That allows you to enter the price you want to sell at.

Onepoint272 likes this.
  3. Dominicd

Dominicd New Member

Thank you for the reply still a little confused when I sold I was under the impression I sold at market value. The specifics I sold caster maritime 1000 @ .93 I go to that date now and the days prior the stock showes 8 to 9 bucks

4. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

That stock did a 1-for-10 reverse split. That is why the price looks off by a factor of 10, but nothing crooked is going on.

Onepoint272 likes this.
  5. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

Let me guess, RobinHood?

I actually have caught on to one of their "scams." They do this regularly where the price (market value) will be one thing, and then even when you enter a "limit price," it will often execute at your Limit Price even though a cheaper, market price is available.

I have called out RobinHood for this via their Customer Service but never received a satisfactory answer.

For example. Say Ford was trading at 12.70$, and I entered a Limit Order of 13.00$, Robinhood would execute this trade at 13.00$ even though it should/could have executed at 12.70$.

Or maybe I am wrong. I think they do a lot of this especially when a large portion of their user-base has little knowledge of stocks and how trading works.