CARG - CarGurus, Inc.

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by anotherdevilsadvocate, Jul 7, 2019.

1. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

CarGurus, Inc.
    Services | Auto Dealerships | USA

CarGurus, Inc. operates an online automotive marketplace connecting buyers and sellers of new and used cars in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, and Spain. The company provides consumers an online automotive marketplace where they can search for new and used car listings from its dealers, as well as sell their car in the United States marketplace. Its marketplace connects dealers to a large audience of informed and engaged consumers. The company was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

2. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

As of July 2019:
    Started trading less than a year ago, is profitable, 49% growth rate, 40% ROE,
    and 36% off of its highs.

T0rm3nted and TomB16 like this.
  3. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I wonder how this sort of product will do in the face of auto industry mergers and conglomerations which I'm predicting.

I expect revenues to increasingly come from web based purchases so perhaps this sort of site has a future of either independent prosperity or it might be ripe for a buy-out.

#3 TomB16, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    T0rm3nted likes this.
  4. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

CarGurus shares are trading higher after the company reported better-than-expected Q3 EPS and sales results and issued Q4 and FY21 guidance.

Nov 10, 2021 7:37a ET

-----

that is a good looking chart atop this thread.

removedatuserrequest likes this.