Daily Discussion - Main Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by T0rm3nted, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Rustic1

Rustic1 Well-Known Member

20 appears to be the new norm. Yield is coasting, dollar inching up.

People are starting to realize the increase in taxes.

You be the judge. I'm still coasting along.

2. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

FED this Wednesday I believe. Powell will be dovish but he hasn't been able to calm the bonds market down lately with his dovish words :p We will see what will happen this time.

3. Rustic1

Curious to see how all the central banks report.
    For a World that has been shut down for a year and markets setting new highs. Sum ting wong.
    This new wave of taxes that will be imposed, banks on thin line rates. Yall buy the dip, Im taking a trip. :rofl:

stock1234 likes this.
  4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

5. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

QQQ back to the month's high; don't buy now, watch what happens here.
    Shorts throwing in the towel, sideline-watchers getting FOMO.
    But if it reverses then we're staying in VIX-over-20-land.

Syynik and Rustic1 like this.
  6. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

But you need to remember that there is an entire generation of new traders that have known nothing except QE and stocks go up.

Telling them that there was a time when 8% annual return was amazing gets your weird looks.

Syynik and Rustic1 like this.
  7. Dave Kraayeveld

Dave Kraayeveld Active Member

To be honest with you I have turned into that old man I use to laugh at. So I have an offer for you and you can't lose. I have setup an investment stock slices with Charles Schwab. It involves 14 family members and my best friend from college. They are playing with my our money 100 dollars a piece. I love fantasy stock market but the real thing intrigues me because of the principles I have learned since 1961. My offer to you is give me a stock off the SP 500. With Schwab's stock slices that is the only option. I will invest 100 dollars into your choice which I will own. This contest is meant to last 5 years. There is a monthly prize you are eligible for. What say ye? You would make 16 and I would push your application through. Nothing to lose. My mutual fund with the symbols NMAFYL. You can't lose, can you finish in the top 5. You have 24 hours to accept the offer. The offer is in your response which I am very thankful for.

8. Rustic1

Vix at high 19s. Havent seen that in a day or 3.

9. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

That is low... typically a signal to exit, but Im not seeing anybody too concerned just yet.

Rustic1 likes this.
  10. spindr0

spindr0 Active Member

OMG, what a coincidence !!!

Isn't e-commerce great??? I used to sell NMAFYL online. There were $99.95 apiece and two for $249.95 !!!
    (free shipping but don't ask about the handling)

Rustic1 likes this.
  11. anotherdevilsadvocate

Rustic1 likes this.
  12. Rustic1

Been ages on that one, they went broke giving away free movies as I recall. A small membership fee that was suicide.

13. Dave Kraayeveld

Actually that is a serious offer to Stock Jock. I opened a Stock slices this morning that includes 14 family members and my best friend. I make you the same offer. Give me a stock from the S&P 500 and I will buy a slice for you. . NMAFYL stands for Name me a food you like. My granddaughter said cupcakes. Her 100 is in YUM. So the person in my opinion who fell apart becuase of my comment about Wycoff is the one I would love to join. If he truly is an advocate of Wycoff he shouldn't be afraid. For me when I read about Wycoff I thought one thing. Did he hang around with Joe Kennedy. Normal question if you have any knowledge of the 30's. I am serious about my offer. I own the stock you choose I will let you know if your choice beats my 2 year old granddaughter.

14. anotherdevilsadvocate

Imagine thinking someone wanted the opportunity to show up your 2 year old on a message board.

I wonder if Warren Buffett would be brave enough to take up this challenge?

Whoa whoa whoa slow down there.

Rustic1 and Onepoint272 like this.
  15. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Hmmm, no one has fallen apart...but getting there. Where I come from polite company doesn't talk trash behind your back.

Rustic1 likes this.
  16. Rustic1

I'm waiting on uncle FED to make his speech tomorrow to see if he can convince the markets not to cash in. Wonder if he will keep buying the bonds to stave off the inflation and try to keep the yield under control. Obviously we should have known tax rates were going to explode, corporate taxes are going to kill growth and ultimately be passed to the consumer.

Will we see VIX 15 or 40 first?
    My BTC isn't looking so bad afterall.

Chill ONEPOINT, we need your energy in the WYCKOFF thread. :cool2:

We'll change lil boo boos diaper, give him some ninny and put him back in the crib. :rofl:

Onepoint272 likes this.
  17. Dave Kraayeveld

Well years ago the Mama's and the Papa's taught me how to get a fish on the line.
    Your post said you were done, you knew where this conversation is going.

18. Dave Kraayeveld

Well the deal is this I am trying to teach my 2 older boys a lesson my dad taught me years ago. I managed my daughters money for 8 years. I have asked all my grandchildren to participate but you can't ask a 2 year old what stock to buy. So the acronym name me a food you love. Addison said cupcakes Schwab only allows slices from the s&p 500. Hence i chose Yum for her. Warren Buffett would approve because of my 9 grandchildren 1 picked a stock in Buffett's top ten. Honest question would be what is this rule you talk about.

19. Dave Kraayeveld

Is that you Mr. Rustic. You have been a big help to me. I could be presumptuous but are you referring to me as lil boo boos. I hope so. Actually my wife changes my diaper. So the fact you answer my requests is really nice for an old man. I actually am doing a fantasy mutual fund with my grandchildren and kids 14 of us and my best friend. Remember that scene with Wyatt Earp where he asks the dealer if he is going to just sit there or jerk his smoke wagon. So I ask you are you willing to pick one stock , I will invest the 100 dollars, the money is mine. I get to keep the proceeds. I can send a screenshot as proof. So are you up for a challenge or is it just smoke and mirrors with you. Maybe you can text Chill ONEPOINT. What is it are you going to sit there and fill your diapers or pick a stock. On a serious note is there a stock challenge on this site. If you want me to pack and leave town I will. Otherwise you picked the wrong Marine. HOPE YOU LIKE MOVIES.

Rustic1 likes this.
  20. Dave Kraayeveld

Pray tell what are you saying. If it is me I asked a question. What trash. If you feel like I owe you an apology I will give it.