Daily Discussion - Main Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by T0rm3nted, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Money123

Money123 Active Member

I like it bull. Possible pull back soon or what? Lots going on. I posted my pics earlier on here and updated them. LYFT on a a support could be cheap to buy some more and hold long.

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Anyone think NVDA will announce a stock split?

3. roadtonowhere08

roadtonowhere08 Well-Known Member

I do :D

T0rm3nted likes this.
  4. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Active Member

Not getting excited over this half percent dip in the spoos, but it’s a nice change if only for a day in the majors. And a really nice reversal off the opening AM highs.

I know I’ve gone in great lengths mentioning this here in the past, but this year’s market generally speaking as a whole (for me personally), has been a little far too mundane. It’s been one of the most uninteresting markets in a long long time.

Days like today are very refreshing to see, not to mention very healthy for the markets.

I don’t know if we’ve reached some near term tops. But hearing about some of the big bears (not me lol) out there recently turning bullish could give reason for caution at these nosebleed levels.

VIX also hitting pre-COVID levels again was a bit alarming to see.

Let’s see how these next few weeks play out. Now that earnings season is just about concluded after NVDA reporting yesterday.

Will be super nice to see some volatility creeping back in and a lasting dippage in the overall market.

Perhaps we’ll also see a return of @Frankenstein here at some point as well. Missing his posts here bigly time.

Next week is a holiday-shortened trade week with Memorial Day on Monday stateside. Hope y’all been well, it’s been a minute gang.

T0rm3nted and stock1234 like this.
  5. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

A hot PMI data this morning dragging down this market despite strong NVDA earnings :eek: Mixed economic signals lately, consumers and housing are seeing weakness but we are seeing strong PMI and jobs data. Anyway the economy and inflation probably are not slow enough yet for the FED to start cutting rates anytime soon :popcorn:

bigbear0083 likes this.
  6. Money123

Money123 Active Member

Buying a lot HMC Honda Tuesday hit support and trending up now!

7. stock1234

Some weird action today, NVDA and semiconductors held the market up but a lot of stocks in the red :eek:

8. stock1234

Nice rally into the close to close this month out, DELL getting hit after a huge run this year :eek:

9. Money123

Money123 Active Member

• A report on consumer spending and inflation showed incomes aren't keeping up with prices, as consumers lost buying power in April.
    • Consumer spending decelerated, suggesting people are cutting back as prices pressure household budgets.
    • Businesses may become reluctant to raise prices, as their customers become more budget-conscious, economists said.

stock1234 likes this.
  10. stock1234

Consumers seem to be slowing down based on the recent data for sure, let's see if they are willing to use their credit cards more in the coming months :D

11. stock1234

Stock market in India crashing on the potential election results :eek:

12. andyvds

andyvds Active Member

$NVAX is a going fine. Got 1,000 stocks at $7. Let's see what will happen...

13. stock1234

The market seems to be loving the mixed economic signals, we had a slightly weaker than expected ADP data but also a much stronger than expected ISM services data this morning :eek:

14. Money123

Money123 Active Member

• The Hindenburg Omen remains in focus as the S&P 500 stock index hovers near all-time highs.
    • The indicator, named after the doomed German Hindenburg airship that caught fire and crashed in 1937, warns of indecision as measured by market breadth, often a characteristic of tops before market crashes.
    • To help reduce false signals, the indicator's creator, James R. Miekka, suggested that investors should look for multiple signals in a relatively short period of time.

15. Money123

Money123 Active Member

Quick update I need to use another account and routing number for Charles Swab to get money from bank account to Charles Swab. It's going to take me another full week to do. I won't be investing till next week. Market selling off anyways were at tops fed.

16. Money123

Money123 Active Member

Getting BABA next week Monday or Tuesday. Quick update:

Can't wait to invest next few days in BABA. Broke a major support here that's why sell off let it sell off and hit capitulation and get in.

1. Home
    2. Stock Ideas
    3. Long Ideas
    4. Consumer

Alibaba: Despite Some Issues, The Firm Remains An Appealing Opportunity
    Jun. 13, 2024 9:32 AM ETAlibaba Group Holding Limited (BABA) Stock, BABAF StockMSFT, AMZN, GOOG, GOOGL, MSFT:CA, AMZN:CA, GOOG:CA4 Comments
    [​IMG]
    Daniel Jones
    Investing Group Leader

Summary
    • Alibaba Group Holding Limited continues to grow at a decent pace, with key parts of the business performing well.
    • The company's revenue for 2024 increased by 8.3% compared to the previous year, and most profit figures improved as well.
    • Alibaba Group shares are cheap and likely offer some upside from here.