Daily Discussion - Main Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by T0rm3nted, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Money123

Money123 Active Member

Was $10 but we have analysts targets of low $2.
    [​IMG]

2. Rayak

Rayak Active Member

I understand, but if we could -really- rely on analyst assessments, how easy would it be to get rich pretty quickly?

If you had a dollar for every dollar somebody else has lost following analysts investing advice, I'm guessing you'd almost certainly be the richest person on the planet!

As for NOTE, good luck to you! I hope it makes money for you.

Have you gone back to check and see what the analysts were saying when it hit $11 a share a couple of years back? I'm going to go out on a limb and say it wasn't mostly "SELL". But if it had been, and people who owned the stock had taken that advice, it would have saved them a loss of about 85% since then....

I don't have a strong opinion on NOTE one way or the other. I'm just sharing my thoughts.

Money123 likes this.
  3. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Maybe melt up into the election? My guess is Q3 earnings will be pretty strong and it doesn't look like the FED will pause on cutting rates. Election outcomes probably wouldn't cause a big selloff unless the Dems win both the WH and the Congress. As long as we have a divided Congress, the market probably would be okay with either Harris or Trump.

Rayak likes this.
  4. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

5. Money123

Money123 Active Member

During Tuesday’s trading session over 20% of stocks in the S&P 500 traded at a 52-week high, while no stocks traded at a 52-week low, per Bespoke Investment Group.

That marked the strongest net percentage of stocks hitting new 52-week highs in a single trading session since March 21. And omitting that one day in March, it was the highest since May 2021