Daily Discussion - Main Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by T0rm3nted, Feb 8, 2021.

1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

yeah its really impressive to see retail buying power make these moves!

stock1234 likes this.
  2. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

removedatuserrequest likes this.
  3. removedatuserrequest

removedatuserrequest Well-Known Member

lol this is actually becoming quite a bit comical now ... wonder what the next stonk apes are eyeing next lmao

stock1234 likes this.
  4. removedatuserrequest

ye. feel like overall market chop continues at least until thursday when we get CPI i think

stock1234 likes this.
  5. removedatuserrequest

...meanwhile, small caps still beasting it, and nearing clear air territory soon :eek:

pretty much negating what i thought could have been a H&S forming a few weeks back. fuhgettaboutit!

chart.png

stock1234 likes this.
  6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Flat pre-market

upload_2021-6-9_6-23-51.png

7. FibbyNacci

FibbyNacci New Member

8. removedatuserrequest

all eyes on r/WSB after today's close :p

[​IMG]

9. removedatuserrequest

let's see if that CPI print tomorrow AM can shake things up a bit in the market ... been a pretty mundane week here with the market chop up to this point :yawn:

anotherdevilsadvocate likes this.
  10. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

GME is going down after hours, currently $273 after a $302 close. Could keep drilling down, the 50 sma is ~$190.
    Thanks for mentioning that CPI data coming tomorrow, looking for a dip.

11. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Looking flat again

upload_2021-6-10_6-59-21.png

12. removedatuserrequest

whelp, i'm not too sure that CPI print this AM was convincing enough to have the FED heads rethink anything differently. i keep hearing the word "transitory" thrown about as if it's nothing at all. i'm not so sure about that myself, but we'll see...

now that we've gotten that piece of data out of the way, i mean aside from maybe the PPI report next week, i feel like this market can continue to just chop it up here. albeit sure does make for super mundane markets (at least for me anyway lol) :yawn:

i mean, heaven forbid we don't have those meme stonks to hear about...then it's pretty doggone a no-show in equity land lmao.

still feel like we'll get maybe one more 5-7% dip before the end of the summer. but, who knows.. markets for the most part, aside from the GME/WSB fiasco at the beginning of the year, and a few 3% pulls along the way. market has been largely a bore fest all year.

sure, i'm not speaking for those individual names out there...mostly just referring to the majors in general.

this is feeling more like a 2017 kinda year imo. someone correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't that year go the full year w/o even a -5% dip the whole year?

could be pretty choppy waters for a little while longer unfortunately, absent the black swan.

13. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Well we got the dip premarket and it got bought. Things are looking up now.

:thumbsup: A few more weeks...

14. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Looking pretty good for the market here especially for some growth stocks. The CPI was hot but not super hot like some feared, definitely not hot enough for the FED to change their stances on their monetary in the near terms. Now bonds yields are well lower than weeks ago and could provide some tailwind to growth/tech stocks.

15. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Let's see how the week closes

upload_2021-6-11_7-21-2.png

16. removedatuserrequest

[​IMG]

sorry couldn't resist lol

T0rm3nted likes this.
  17. removedatuserrequest

just stumbled across this pic on my twitter feed and thought was worth a quick share in here as well lol. this pretty much nails it spot on to a tee for me haha.

1.jpg

hope everyone had a decent week in here ... albeit absent those ape meme stonks, pretty doggone mundane to say the least :p

18. XxGoFish

XxGoFish Member

Not me. My entire week was a down trend. But I think that was as some of my recent pops consolidate. I eliminated a lot of the volatility in my portfolio so I should start evening out and slowly start up-trending in the coming weeks.

HOOK aka Hookipa Pharma is my biggest gamble right now.

PATK aka Patrick Industries is my largest equity position (I know it shouldnt be, it just happened that way currently, will be adjusted in the near future once PATK turns green again)

I did finally move into a couple ETF's ; VUG and VWO.... and I would like to get into POTX, REM, VAW, and maybe VDE.

Being new to trading and investing has proven quite overwhelming, especially with all my other real life obligations. Doesnt leave as much time as desired for research. I am figuring ETF's may be safer and provide me better longterm growth than me trying to pick all my own stocks.

19. removedatuserrequest

So, just out of curiosity sake here, how are we all feeling out there for the week ahead in the market, as far as the majors are concerned? tbh, much like last week, i have no real conviction in either direction once again going into this week. i know i've beated a dead horse on the "sideways chop" stuff in here. still feeling like that'll persist for a little while longer at least, absent something completely and totally out of left field that suprises everyone and their uncles (cue the "black swan").

i'm not really sure what would get things moving "convincingly" (in the indices at least) in either direction really. i know there's an fomc meet coming up this week, that *could* possibly be of some interest...but meh, idk. i'm thinking that'll be kind of a dud (nonevent) if i had to guess. i'm more interested in the fed's august Jackson hole meeting personally. that could be of some bigly interest for me.

otherwise, i mean i'm not too sure what else is out there. cpi is now in the rear view, things like the NFP's report isn't until a few weeks out, and the kick off to the new earnings season won't be for another month. we're also entering the seasonally dull period (aka, the "summer doldrums").

i realize last summer wasn't too dull, but feel like that was mostly coming off the extreme volatile period during COVID.

just don't know what gets us out of this choppy period rn, absent again a black swan.

btw, i'm not saying $ can't be made in choppy/sideways markets though! nah. i'm mostly just bringing this up for discussion in here. just curious to hear others inputs on the overall market direction going into next week, and the summer months ahead. that's all lol.

still thinking overall trend would be sideways to higher, barring something completely outta left field. we shall see. anyway, i'll likely be MIA from the day-to-day market monitoring until maybe a pick up in vol again. ;p

hope you all had a terrific weekend, and great summer season ahead! :thumbsup:

20. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

More of the same... flat futures

upload_2021-6-14_6-54-59.png