Daily Discussion - Main Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by T0rm3nted, Feb 8, 2021.

1. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

LOL hope those finished 5th to 8th didn’t sell their bitcoins too early :lauging:

Syynik likes this.
  2. stock1234

Semiconductors on a tear again :eek: Don’t see them slowing down as long as demand is high and we have shortage of chips around the world

JaysonW and Rustic1 like this.
  3. removedatuserrequest

removedatuserrequest Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

just managed to have captured this screenshot of the dj30 futures chart on finviz a short while ago.

thought it was pretty fitting for how this week has gone in the market overall...basically nowhere :yawn:

outside of a few individual names this week, the majors were very choppy/sideways.

quite the boring week if you ask me. and ngl (not gonna lie) but i'm secretly hoping for another march 2020 event in the market :tongue:

but, i know damn well that won't ever happen as long as we have the FED basically all in with their asses, petal to the metal brrrrrrr'ing the crap outta the printing presses, and supporting this market to infinity and beyond. :rolleyes2:

tbh, i'm really surprised with how directionless this market was this week, that we didn't see the VIX come in significantly more than it has.

fact is, we are still w/o a sub 20 print on a closing basis on the VIX since last february! dafuq? :hmm:

really would not mind to see some kind of tree-shaking black swan event hitting the markets here honestly. just my own 2c here. carry on! :biggrin:

stock1234 likes this.
  4. Rustic1

Rustic1 Well-Known Member

VIX 20 is the new norm. Got to draw all the new money in first. When these corps and investors realize the incoming tax bill, reality will set in.

This is a wild article. Screenshot_20210212-091403_Chrome.jpg

stock1234 likes this.
  5. stock1234

Running today and up around 6%, got in at $66.90 yesterday :D

6. stock1234

Bought a little bit of GDDY at $85.54. Earnings look pretty decent to me and the valuation isn't that expensive, let's see if it will bounce :p

7. KevinMo

KevinMo New Member

What are your guys thoughts on Corsair Gaming?? Looks like they have potential since they entered the market in late 2020. They beat earnings by a lot, but people slept on it, it reminds me of Nio when they were in the 17-20 range, and beat estimates but still got down. Now they are 140% . Vincent Chan have some serious thaughts on CRSR (you have to ski the video to 7:23, then he starts talking about CRSR) Here is the link: http://gestyy.com/etKiji

8. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Strong end of day finish to put the VIX right on 20.

9. removedatuserrequest

oh sheeet, it really did close sub 20 huh :eek:

almost had to pinch myself there :p

[​IMG]
    so that's like the first close under 20 since like when marcy? last february i think right? o_O

JaysonW likes this.
  10. removedatuserrequest

have a great 3-day weekend everyone!

remember that the u.s. cash market is closed all day on monday feb. 15th. for presidents day.

futures markets will be open, but on an abbreviated session. opening at their normal 6pm eastern sunday time. then halting at 1pm eastern time on monday. and then reopening at 6pm that evening.

11. Rustic1

You to Mr. Incognito. Have a great one.

removedatuserrequest likes this.
  12. removedatuserrequest

Totally unrelated to the markets here, but thought it might be worthy enough of a mention in here, especially considering how much this subreddit has been in the news this month.

But, I think for the first time in my history on Reddit (which has been like almost 8 years now), I made it (or my thread anyway) made it to the very top of r/WSB today lol.

Look carefully at the name of the username who created that most anticipated earnings thread on there. Yes, that'd be me. :p

That being said, I'm honestly not sure if I should take this as an amazingly cool feat, or the most horrific one haha.

Still, with all that's been going on in the news surrounding WSB this month, it's admittedly kinda neat to see my thread as the top voted thread (as of this moment anyway) on that subreddit today. :D

[​IMG]

#72 removedatuserrequest, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    T0rm3nted and Syynik like this.
  13. Rustic1

I would take it as a compliment.

If you were preloading and then pumping some worthless pink stock it would be different.

If you remember the old board, we crucified a few of those guys. We had one that had a A list and a B list. I signed up for his email he once made the mistake of multi mailing picks without covering the members email accounts and I had both list. I changed his email list with my own duplicate of his, minus 1 letter. Mailed the B list, they preloaded and then I mailed the A list buying instructions. It was hilarious the Bs smoked the As and he lost all credibility. Got a dose of his own scam.

I did not play it, my books stay clean. Dont need the black suburban guys kicking in my door.

Tuesday will be interesting, the year of the OX , VIX is sub 20 and Cramer is telling people to take some profits.

anotherdevilsadvocate likes this.
  14. removedatuserrequest

oh man, that thread is now up to 10,000 upvotes on WSB haha.

my previous all time record high for upvtoes for a single reddit thread was 8,000 on r/stockmarket during the height of the covid crash. beat that pretty easily, and still going. :p

Rustic1 likes this.
  15. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

That is great bigbear, getting to 20k upvotes right now and all kinds of awards. Tough to get any traction there with all the memes lol.

I think it indicates they look forward to your post (and they REALLY like playing earnings).

16. removedatuserrequest

haha, this is quite remarkable if i may say so myself :eek2:

i had to step out for the evening as it was family night out tonight.

logged in just now to see that i had nealy 500 new reddit messages, most of which are reddit awards (or "guilds" as they call them there).

i basically obliterated my previous records on every metric on reddit. from time spent atop the r/WSB sub (basically all day today). most upvoted thread i've ever had on any subreddit that i've ever been apart of in my near 8 years on reddit. most awards (guilds) given out to me in a single reddit thread. and the most posts from people on any thread that i had ever created on reddit in my history.

and yes marcy, you are absolutely 100% correct with what you just said in your post there.

i don't like to think highly of myself like ever, cause i do feel like i'm pretty much a nobody on this earth tbh.

but, you are right that the r/WSB community does always look forward to my posts whenever i post there, because they always tell me it brings back a semblance of the old r/WSB (before the whole GME madness ever began). because, i'm literally like one of the few people on there who makes non-shitposts or memes on that sub. and they always look towards me as like the saving grace of the old time r/WSB community. back in the days when jartek was the head mod.

believe it or not, i was once a moderator of that sub a few years back when the sub wasn't so bad as it is now.

and i had stepped down under my own power, pretty much because i did not like the direction that sub was going, which was years before this GME shit went down.

but, yeah, this is definitely not my first rodeo if you will with that sub. i've been a pretty regular member there, almost since the inception of that sub.

i've just never made it to the #1 top voted thread, until today! so that was pretty neat for me to see personally. :p

Rustic1 and JaysonW like this.
  17. removedatuserrequest

lol, i just had another "1st" on reddit (or at least on the WSB community lol) my happy v-day thread is a sticky thread on that sub. never had a thread as a green sticky on that sub before. very cool :p

[​IMG]

Rustic1 likes this.
  18. Michael Banker

Michael Banker New Member

Well I got into bitcoin I while back ago. I made around 100 percent on litecoin actually. Coinbase seemed the only solid place to buy. It was really rough with the site not working for days etc. I went to short Dogecoin 3 days ago and guess what? I put 10k in my account to do it and Coinbase has not worked since. just today the 3x short went up almost 200 percent. So what would I do if it went up say 1000 percent and could not sell. I would be out 100k. No thanks I'm sitting on the sidelines. A thousand millionares will be made but 100k people with lose their life savings, house etc.

19. Michael Banker

Michael Banker New Member

P.S. usually when I go to bet on the market up or down it crashes for about 10 yrs LOL, I didn't execute the trade so maybe everyone is ok. We shall see.

20. removedatuserrequest

hey just a quickie idea in here (maybe)?

i remember this was a thing a waaaay back on the old community.

but how 'bout instead of creating new weekly threads per start of every week, we can just have one thread that runs continuously throughout the year?

fwiw, this is what it used to be like back on the old hsm community and i remember it had worked pretty well for the most part. i think it was later separated per every week due to the massive influx of traffic that site was getting before the forum was ultimately moved over from the vBulletin forum platform over to the Huddler forum platform in 2011 i believe it was <- (which i had always felt like for the longest time to have been the death knell of the whole hsm community back then -- which was even waay before we had this database restart and forum change from Huddler to Xenforo here at Stocakholics...but that's neither here nor there at this point.).

but yeah, i could see a case made for just having one big general weekly market discussion thread open in here that runs continuously, instead of creating new weekly one's every week. at least until perhaps traffic has picked up enough that we're getting like upwards of 300-500 posts per week on these threads, which is what we were doing on the old hsm fairly easily mind you.

thoughts? if you think it's a bad idea no worries. carry on with how we were doing it all along.

but if you think it's worth a try at the very least, then perhaps if Chris you wouldn't mind to change the title of this thread to something like "Stock Market Today Weekly Discussion", or something that's more general if you will.

while i think the idea around creating new threads per every week isn't bad, i do feel like perhaps until things really pick up bigly 'round here, to just have one continuous thread that runs all year. what say you? thx.

enjoy your day off today everyone! :p

T0rm3nted likes this.