Daily Discussion - Main Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by T0rm3nted, Feb 8, 2021.

1. removedatuserrequest

removedatuserrequest Well-Known Member

BTW, here are most anticipated for the next several weeks out for those lookin' for the monthly view.

er1.jpg

anotherdevilsadvocate likes this.
  2. removedatuserrequest

^ BTW, forgot to make a quick note here. But just in case anyone was wondering why no AMZN, and AMD on that monthly view, it's cause they haven't scheduled yet as per Earnings Whispers.

3. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Happy MLK Day! Hope the Americans in here get the day off.

Hey @bearmarketcrash are you still short those futures contracts? My puts expired last week, and I'm back to long.

removedatuserrequest likes this.
  4. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

i do, but don't get president's day off. you might say the fortune 500 company that employs me was woke before woke was hot.

5. removedatuserrequest

Thx bigly time for this Marcy, and the same to you as well! :)

And haha, I'm glad you mentioned that just now cause I was meaning to update that in here as well. So, I got stopped out of my spuz short contracts at 4645 in the overnights. Admittedly I was thinking a bit lower levels before the next bonce point, maybe a retest of last week's low around 4600, but I didn't really give it enough wiggle room. That's fine. Will live to see another day haha. :p

Also, not gonna lie here, but I've been a bit more conservative in my trades of recent. Like, I'm setting far tighter stops, and won't try to be very aggressive in re-entering etc. Additionally, I won't have the "itch" or "urge" to trade constantly like many others I know. Hence, I'm much less an active trader than I was years ago. Truth is, I may put on 5-10 trades all year long and would be perfectly alright with that. And I ONLY try to put on a trade if said trade actually meets my conviction levels, and risk tolerance if you will (which this particular trade did). And for me, I never get into any trade unless I have game plan in advance of actually executing on it. Case in point, I never put something on blindly like I see some folks on Discord for example doing lol. And I will know beforehand where to get out if I'm wrong. Cause, let's face here, not every trade will be a winner like this. Anyone who says otherwise is just flat out a liar lol. Case in point, there's no such a thing as batting a perfect 100% if you will. I feel like putting in proper DD, and having said game plan is very imperative, for me anyway. That maybe getting far too into the weeds of my thought process of trading lol.

But anyway, this particular trade wasn't exactly what I was ultimately aiming for, but still not too terrible. Profits profit as they say. So, I'll happily take it for my very first trade and realized profit of 2022. Moving onto the next. :p

For now, I'm just monitoring things. Will maybe see how earnings season fairs, as that could be next catalyst for very short-term direction at least.

1.jpg

stock1234 and StockJock-e like this.
  6. rg7803

rg7803 Well-Known Member

@bearmarketcrash
    Happy bday Cy, wellcome to 40's man!
    You're still a kid. Enjoy your day man!

7. removedatuserrequest

Haha! Thx a ton for this Rui!!! You da man. Always awesome to hear from you sir. Thx for checkin' in here. :)

BTW, just a quick note Marcy, I had jumped back in short side Spuz for about another 31 handles. Had tight stops and am out at 4603 from a 4634 entry. Still think this pullback has lower levels to be had. Case in point, I think we retest the overnight lows in the RTH session at some point. But, think I'll call it a day and enjoy this little surprise BDAY gift from Mr. Market today haha. :p

2.png

anotherdevilsadvocate likes this.
  8. anotherdevilsadvocate

Belated Happy Birthday @bearmarketcrash , I didn't know yesterday.

No problem "getting into the weeds" at all, I think it's good to hear. Biggest lesson for traders to learn is "traders don't need to trade". It can be counter-intuitive because traders make money from trading, therefore to make more money you have to trade more, right?! But then if you don't take the right trades, e.g. over-trading, then you're going to get wiped out.

Very glad to hear you caught a large part of this morning's big drop on top of last week's profits. I knew it was a possibility, but I didn't think we'd retest last week's lows. Guess you and Frankenstein had it right!

9. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Happy Birthday Cy :D Market bouncing off the lows a little bit but I guess today is the day both value and growth are weak, usually one of them saves the market from selling off hard :eek:

Let's see if we will see some short term bounce from those smaller cap growth/ARK names, they have been beaten down pretty badly. Just took a look at PSFE, this name was trading at as high as $19s now just at $3s :lauging:

10. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

11. stock1234

XHB down over 2% again today, it is not a sector that would love a rising interest rate environment for sure :eek:

12. stock1234

The SPX still just down about 5% from its ATH, seems like 10% correction is likely unless we begin to see signs of easing inflation or the FED all of the sudden turning more dovish :eek:

13. stock1234

Maybe the FED should consider hiking rates next week when they meet, not sure if it is good for the market when everyone knows the rate hike is coming anyway in March, might as well start the process already :eek:

14. emmett kelly

yeah, happy birthday @bearmarketcrash . you'd think the market could show a little more respect :banana:

15. removedatuserrequest

Top of the morning Stockaholics! Happy Hump Day to all of you! And welcome to the new trading day and a frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrresh start! Here is a quick check on those futures as we are just over 3 hours from the cash market open.

GLTA on this Wednesday, January the 19th, 2021. :thumbsup:

1.png
    2.png

T0rm3nted likes this.
  16. removedatuserrequest

stock1234 likes this.
  17. removedatuserrequest

Morning Lineup - 1/19/22 - Strong Housing Data
    Wed, Jan 19, 2022

Futures are attempting a bounce after yesterday's wallop, and positive reactions to earnings from Bank of America (BAC) and Morgan Stanley are contributing to the positive tone. The only economic reports for the morning were Housing Starts and Building Permits, and both came in significantly higher than expected and at their second-highest levels since the financial crisis. The only readings that were strong for each series were in Q1 of 2021.

First impressions are always important, but they're not always accurate, and that's the hope of bulls following the first days of earnings season. Banks kicked off the Q4 earnings season late last week, and two of the largest to report were Goldman Sachs (GS) and JP Morgan Chase (JPM). The stocks of both banks had abysmal reactions to their reports.

Following Friday's report from JPM, the stock declined 6.15% which ranks as the worst earnings reaction day performance for the stock in at least 20 years beating out the 6.06% decline the stock experienced in January 2009 during the thick of the financial crisis. The reaction in GS to its earnings report on Tuesday wasn't much better with the stock falling just under 7%. That was large enough to rank as the second-worst earnings day reaction for the stock behind only the 11.56% decline in April 2009 just as markets were coming out of the financial crisis.

As disheartening as a bad first impression can be, one potential bright side is that it can have the effect of resetting the bar low, and in early trading, both Bank of America (BAC) and Morgan Stanley (MS) are trading up close to 3% in reaction to their reports. Whether those gains can hold through the opening and closing bell, though, is another story.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

stock1234 likes this.
  18. anotherdevilsadvocate

Seems like we'll have to go back to the overnight lows during regular hours, either today or tomorrow.

Financials are really crapping out.

Silver is having a good month.

19. emmett kelly

not sure how or why but PIXY is on my watch list.
    ---------

10 Industrials Stocks Moving In Wednesday's Intraday Session

12:33 pm ET January 19, 2022 (Benzinga) Print

Gainers

• ShiftPixy (NASDAQ:pIXY) stock moved upwards by 24.8% to $1.58 during Wednesday's regular session. ShiftPixy's stock is trading at a volume of 16.5 million shares as of 12:30 EST. This is 378.4% of its average full-day volume over the last 100 days. The company's market cap stands at $45.5 million.
    • Bird Global (NYSE:BRDS) shares increased by 15.43% to $4.04. Bird Global's stock is trading at a volume of 311.5K shares as of 12:30 EST. This is 30.8% of its average full-day volume over the last 100 days. The market value of their outstanding shares is at $1.1 billion.
    • ADS-TEC Energy (NASDAQ:ADSE) shares rose 9.67% to $9.41. Trading volume for ADS-TEC Energy's stock is 97.3K as of 12:30 EST. This is 198.8% of its average full-day volume over the last 100 days. The company's market cap stands at $459.2 million.
    • Planet Labs (NYSE:pL) shares moved upwards by 8.43% to $6.81. Trading volume for Planet Labs's stock is 2.2 million as of 12:30 EST. This is 44.6% of its average full-day volume over the last 100 days. The company's market cap stands at $1.7 billion.
    • SG Blocks (NASDAQ:SGBX) stock rose 8.29% to $2.35. SG Blocks's stock is trading at a volume of 435.6K shares as of 12:30 EST. This is 60.0% of its average full-day volume over the last 100 days. The company's market cap stands at $28.1 million.
    Losers

• Orion Energy Sys (NASDAQ:OESX) shares fell 12.8% to $3.48 during Wednesday's regular session. As of 12:30 EST, this security is trading at a volume of 749.8K shares, making up 300.3% of its average full-day volume over the last 100 days. The company's market cap stands at $108.1 million.
    • Antelope Enterprise Hldgs (NASDAQ:AEHL) shares declined by 8.26% to $1.28. The market value of their outstanding shares is at $7.5 million.
    • Team (NYSE:TISI) stock decreased by 7.11% to $0.72. As of 12:30 EST, this security is trading at a volume of 190.9K shares, making up 27.3% of its average full-day volume over the last 100 days. The company's market cap stands at $22.3 million.
    • Quad/Graphics (NYSE:QUAD) shares declined by 7.0% to $4.39. Quad/Graphics's stock is trading at a volume of 112.4K shares as of 12:30 EST. This is 61.7% of its average full-day volume over the last 100 days. The market value of their outstanding shares is at $239.7 million.
    • Staffing 360 Solutions (NASDAQ:STAF) shares decreased by 6.59% to $0.83. As of 12:30 EST, this security is trading at a volume of 213.7K shares, making up 31.8% of its average full-day volume over the last 100 days. The market value of their outstanding shares is at $14.2 million. See Also: www.benzinga.com/money/best-industrials-stocks/
    This article was generated by Benzinga's automated content engine and reviewed by an editor.

© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.

20. stock1234

Gold is having a very good day too and so does GDX :eek: I kinda like gold here, the US dollar has priced in the rate hikes and more hawkish FED already and gold is supposed to do well when inflation is high