EV Bubble

Discussion in 'Investing' started by JTuber, Nov 24, 2020.

1. JTuber

JTuber Member

First time poster but I have been reading posts from people here on this forum for a few months now. Time to come out of the closet so to speak. :) The topic I would like to talk about is EV, yes, the Tesla, NIO etc.

It has been insane to see the run-up in this space. NIO was $3/share when I started looking at it back in April this year and it went even lower due to "running out of money". Here we are today, it's a 10x gainer. Or the controversial TSLA. Seems there is no barrier in front of this EV car on its journey skyward. The EPS on these companies is breathless. So is there a bubble here?

I am leery of getting into EV and these newcomers at this point because of the insane run-up and because of the threats from the left field, namely the existing automakers, like Toyota and Volkswagen. I understand the garbage the existing automakers have to carry, namely the ICE cars but once these behemoths decide to devote all of their resources and manpower into EV, it's just a matter of time because they have the $ and the experience in making cars. I am a long term investor so short term, these new EV players look alright but what is it going to be, long term?