F - Ford Motor Company

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Mar 31, 2016.

1. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

Wife and I were in a 4 car wreck in a 2004 F150 ( bought brand new )....airbags never deployed. I was an F150 fan, but never again.

2. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

T0rm3nted likes this.
  3. Tiptopptrader

F keeps on truck-in getting overbought with 13.75 at the upper BB.

upload_2016-4-19_17-13-29.png

upload_2016-4-19_17-19-56.png

4. Tiptopptrader

Ford Mustang Is Best-Selling Sports Coupe Globally; Customer Demand for Iconic Pony Car Continues to Rise
    Ford Mustang was the top-selling sports coupe worldwide in 2015, according to IHS Automotive registration data
    Ford sold around 110,000 Mustang Coupes and around 30,000 Mustang Convertibles in 2015; Mustang was the only sports coupe globally to sell more than 100,000 units last year
    Once a North American phenomenon, Mustang is now on sale in 140 markets, including Australia, where it was sold out through 2017 before receiving an extra allotment of cars
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ford-mustang-best-selling-sports-040100825.html

upload_2016-4-20_4-58-55.png

5. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I remember the old joke from high school: Mustangs are like tampons, every pussy has one

That being said, Mustangs are pretty dope

blypelako likes this.
  6. Tiptopptrader

Being a little older than you Chris I remember when the Mustangs first came out and seems all the hot girls had one that there dad bought them. Some years later I borrowed my cousins Shelby GT. Trying to be cool at a stoplight with some girls in another car. The light changed and I pressed on the pedal and burn't out like nobodies business, so much for being cool and more like a fool I felt.

7. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

I've been in this one for awhile now. Nice 4.5% dividend yield so no hurry to get out.

8. Tiptopptrader

Same here JerryM, I have been in since 09 and divi's have compounded nicely.

9. Tiptopptrader

A little reverse engineering here...I like it

There's one surprising thing about Ford spending $200,000 on a Tesla Model X
    Ford CEO Mark Fields recently visited Business Insider's office, and he said some interesting things about how the automaker learns from its competitors.
    "We do teardowns of all major competitive vehicles," Fields said at the time in response to a question about whether the company would dismantle the new Tesla Model X SUV in the same way it took apart the Model S sedan.

"I'm a big believer that you should never shut yourself off to learning," he said.

More
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/theres-one-surprising-thing-ford-154115318.html

10. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

Ouch, that's rude! They're a real delight to look at (or drive).

11. Tiptopptrader

Analyst Estimates Suggest Ford Could Post Strong 1Q16 Earnings
    Trend in Ford’s earnings
    In 4Q15, Ford Motor Company (F) posted strong adjusted EPS (earnings per share) of $0.58, with an impressive 123% positive growth YoY (year-over-year). The company’s overall 2015 adjusted EPS stood at $1.93, beating analyst expectations. This also shows a 66% YoY increase.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/analyst-estimates-suggest-ford-could-153200965.html

upload_2016-4-21_8-42-4.png

12. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

GM posted their earnings this morning and crushed estimates as well. Good bode well for the auto industry stocks including F.

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  13. Gray Wolf

Just as important, reaction after the conference call seems to be good. The past few earnings season seem to be reacting more to forward projections then they are with earnings beats. GM up 1.74% and F is on it's coat tail at .5%. Ford earnings next week on the 27th. Chances good for good results.

Isaiah999 and Tiptopptrader like this.
  14. Tiptopptrader

F is the only green in my portfolio this morning. I feel good about going into earnings and I love those divi's I have had compounding for the last 9 years.

Real Time Quote at the time of the post
    upload_2016-4-21_10-4-53.png

15. Tiptopptrader

Retraction: My divi's have been compounding for 7 years not 9. I first bought F when it was trading around $5, swung it a few times, bought calls and even recently added to my position when F was getting beat up...Market dropping more as I type, now F only up by 2 cents

16. Tiptopptrader

Ford bringing F-150 Raptor to China in 2017
    Ford will sell F-150 Raptor in China for the first time starting next year

DETROIT (AP) -- For the first time, Ford's F-150 pickup truck will be sold in China.
    Ford Motor Co. is bringing the F-150 Raptor SuperCrew to China next year. The off-roading truck has been popular in China's gray market, where buyers were known to pay triple the list price. But it's never been officially sold there. Ford introduced the Raptor in 2009 and discontinued it in 2014. A new version goes on sale later this year. It has a more powerful 3.5-liter V6 EcoBoost engine, a new 10-speed transmission and a terrain management system for driving in sand, rocks or snow. Ford didn't announce pricing, but it's expected to start around $50,000. The Raptor will be built in Michigan. Ford made the announcement Friday ahead of next week's Beijing Motor Show.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ford-bringing-f-150-raptor-040544946.html

17. Tiptopptrader

All eyes in the automobile sector turn to Beijing
    Automobile industry heavyweights are gathered in Beijing ahead of next week's major auto show. Many of the side interviews with exec are as revealing as the model reveals.

Ford (NYSE:F) CEO Mark Fields is on the scene. He has already tipped to reporters that the automaker isn't interested in a merger with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (NYSE:FCAU). Last week, Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne teed up Toyota (NYSE:TM), Volkswagen (OTCPK:VLKAY), and the Blue Oval as the only remaining potential merger partners left in the industry.

This year's event takes on added significance with local manufacturers increasingmarket share in China. During Q1, the top five selling models in the high-margin SUV category were all made by Chinese companies.

Automobile sales are expected to rise 7% in China this year, aided by a tax break on purchases. Some analysts think that demand will fall flat next year.

More
    http://seekingalpha.com/news/3175207-eyes-automobile-sector-turn-beijing

18. Tiptopptrader

Earnings due on the 28th. The following is from Zacks even though I am not a big fan, I must agree on much of what they wrote. F has been down with the market today and is a good thing as it needs a breather to move higher. Currently @13.56 down .05 with the DOW down 56

Ford reported strong sales volumes in all major markets for the first quarter, which should significantly augment revenues. The company’s U.S. sales increased 9% to 645,626 vehicles, the best since 2006. Ford’s China sales also improved 14% year over year to 314,454 vehicles in the quarter. Sales in Europe increased 8.5% to 363,500 vehicles.

Ford’s impressive product launches are helping boost sales volume. Moreover, the company expects profits from Europe and Asia Pacific to improve this year. This leads to expectation of good results from these regions in the first quarter.

However, Ford expects weak margins from North America and higher losses in South America this year. The automaker’s South American operation has been facing challenges due to weakness in the industry, unfavorable exchange rates, high inflation, capital controls and changing regional trade policies.

19. Gray Wolf

Buckle up, Ford goes Ex-Div tomorrow and posts earnings on Thursday.

T0rm3nted and Tiptopptrader like this.
  20. Tiptopptrader

Here’s a Reason Why Ford (F) Stock is Up Today
    NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Ford Motor Co. (F - Get Report) stock is rising 1.47% to $13.78 in afternoon trading on Tuesday after the Dearborn, MI-based automaker announced plans to spend $1.6 billion in upgrades at two F-150 manufacturing facilities.

The company will invest $1.4 billion in the Livonia Transmission Plant in Michigan to build the 10-speed transmissions for the new F-150 Raptor and other F-150 models.

Ford will spend $200 million for upgrades at the Ohio Assembly Plant to build Super Duty chassis cabs.

Ford's F-Series trucks are the company's best-selling vehicles. In the first three months of 2016, the company sold 189,121 F-Series trucks, representing a 5% year over year increase.

More
    http://www.thestreet.com/story/1354...stock-is-up-today.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

T0rm3nted likes this.