F - Ford Motor Company

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Mar 31, 2016.

1. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Just checked the StockTracker app and ThinkOrSwim and it appears that you're correct. StockCharts is wrong.

2. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Divi's on June 1. I have been compounding since 2009 and even when F is trading down my Divi's keep me nicely above water. :)

T0rm3nted likes this.
  3. Tiptopptrader

4. Tiptopptrader

Nice little bounce in a down market from the beat down F took yesterday

upload_2016-6-2_8-10-13.png

5. Tiptopptrader

upload_2016-6-7_10-51-15.png

Report: Ford mulls China for Lincoln production

Ford is reportedly in talks with longtime joint-venture partner Changan Automobile Group to produce Lincoln vehicles in China as it aims to make the country's growing automotive market a source of growth for its premium brand.

The Dearborn automaker is considering a major manufacturing presence in the southwestern Chinese city of Chongqing, China, that would serve the domestic market and be an Asian export base, according to Bloomberg News, which cited unnamed sources.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ford-mulls-china-lincoln-production/85555560/

6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Ford, Fiat Chrysler pivot to more SUVs, fewer small cars
    Ford Motor Co (F) and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCAU) are cutting production of smaller cars and idling workers at some North American factories, while boosting output of sport utility vehicles in reaction to a long-term shift toward larger vehicles, the companies said separately on Tuesday.

Read full article here: http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...ivot-to-more-suvs-fewer-small-cars/ar-BBtZ96B

7. Tiptopptrader

Ford Year-to-Date Sales in China Up Five Percent, May Sales Total 88,248 Vehicles
    Ford year-to-date sales total 479,542 up five percent; 88,248 vehicles sold in May.
    Changan Ford Automobile year-to-date sales total 370,268, up 11 percent, 67,055 vehicles sold in May.
    Jiangling Motor Corporation year-to-date sales total 102,163 vehicles, down nine percent; 19,692 vehicles sold in May.

SHANGHAI, China--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Ford’s performance in China remains strong with year-to-date sales reaching 479,542, a five-percent increase compared to 2015. May sales totaled 88,248.

Year-to-date sales for Changan Ford Automobile (CAF), Ford's passenger car joint venture, reached 370,268, an 11-percent increase compared to last year. CAF sold 67,055 vehicles in May, matching the company’s best-ever May performance of 2015.

The Ford Edge had another strong month in May with more than 8,500 sold. The new Ford Taurus also is off to a strong start with nearly 2,500 sold during May.

Jiangling Motors Corporation (JMC), Ford's commercial vehicle investment in China, delivered year-to-date sales of 102,163 vehicles, a nine-percent decrease compared to the same time last year, generally in-line with the traditional commercial vehicle market. In May, JMC sold 19,692 vehicles, a four-percent decrease compared to May 2015.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ford-date-sales-china-five-060000018.html

T0rm3nted likes this.
  8. Tiptopptrader

9. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Headline looks good in the news, but just about every auto-manufacturer schedules two week shutdowns in summer and cancels one of the two weeks every year. Not trying to be a debbie-downer, just telling you the reality of the situation. It's happened every single year I've been in the auto-industry.

10. Tiptopptrader

Don't shoot the messenger :D

T0rm3nted likes this.
  11. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

To put this in perspective in terms of impact to Ford's bottom line, 71.5% of Ford's business is on the financial end. The more they can finance what they sell the better. I still LOVE this stock for long term dividends.

upload_2016-6-17_11-2-11.png

12. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Interesting, I had no idea it was so high!

13. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

I was more surprised by the 0.5% of Ford cars in NA to be honest. But yeah, 71.5% is massive.

14. Tiptopptrader

They that is big deal for Ford and should get a boost when the Fed starts giving some rate hikes. I remember when I bought my truck in 07. I paid cash and the sales guy did everything he could to get me to finance it. Big money for them in the mass market.

upload_2016-6-20_7-55-22.png

15. Tiptopptrader

I had many stocks that gapped up this morning but F is the only one that closed above the gap price.

upload_2016-6-20_15-41-53.png

16. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Tigress Financial Partners is bullish on the U.S. auto industry and expects 2016's total auto sales will meet or even exceed 2015's record level of 17.5 million sold.

In a research report published Tuesday, the analysts cited their bullish view on pent-up demand from consumers coupled with historically low interest rates. Meanwhile, the innovations in "infotainment," safety and collision avoidance systems are appealing to consumers.

Ford Motor

The analysts reiterated a Buy rating on Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), as the company will continue to benefit from its F-Series truck line and strong growth coming from the Lincoln brand.

Ford's investments in its methods of production, continued expansion into international markets and operating improvements will result in an increase in its economic profit and greater shareholder value creation.

Related Link: Bank Of America Lowers Auto Sales Expectations: Here's Why

General Motors

The analysts also reiterated a buy rating on General Motors Company (NYSE: GM) given its market leading position, impressive and dominant status in the trucks, SUVs and luxury car segments.

Meanwhile, General Motors is showing improving operating performance, a strong financial position and investments in innovation which will drive economic profit and greater shareholder value creation.

Also, the analysts suggested that General Motors' stock is trading at a "major discount" to its shareholder value creation potential.

Tesla Motors

On the other hand, the analysts continue to rate Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA) with a Neutral rating despite being "big fans" of the cars and its CEO Elon Musk.

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  17. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Ford gapped up above the 50MA today.

upload_2016-6-23_10-11-13.png

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  18. fidelgeorge

fidelgeorge Well-Known Member

Am in at 12.42 looking to ride it up to mid 13s at least

19. Tiptopptrader

Most likely this will be my next truck

Ford surpasses 1 million sales of eco-friendly F-150
    Ford Motor Co. surpasses the 1 million vehicles sold mark for F-150 pickup trucks equipped with the fuel-saving EcoBoost engine, according to a company press release.
    Ford estimates that the EcoBoost engine will save its customers more than 110 million gallons of gasoline a year.
    http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2016/06/29/ford-ecoboost-f150-sales.html?ana=yahoo

20. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

I am planning to get a Ford Explorer with the EcoBoost engine.