F - Ford Motor Company

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

2. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

I hated seeing my portfolio value drop like that this morning BUT, I remind myself that I am still in on a good cost basis at a 5% dividend yield and long term outlook still looks very good. This actually presents a nice entry point for new income investors. Selling put options with a 12 strike price for August expires would bring the stock back to it's 5% yield and make a good entry.

3. Tiptopptrader

10/4 that Jerry, been compounded dive's since 09

4. Tiptopptrader

5. Tiptopptrader

Even with a under-perform downgrade, the China sales may be kicking in for F as it has been coming off the bottom as it fights short interest

upload_2016-8-9_8-26-49.png

6. Tiptopptrader

I must have read the previous PR wrong. Nice price target. This year's special dividend was great, another big one to compound will make me a happy camper

Ford Yields Close to 5%; Another Special Dividend Coming?
    Michael Ward of Seaport Global Securities initiated coverage of Ford Motor Company (F) on Tuesday with a Buy rating and a $20 price target.
    A big part of his rationale: Potential for a 5% dividend yield (it’s getting close now with a 4.87% yield) and also another special dividend payment in 2017 (there was a big one in the first quarter this year).
    Read More: http://blogs.barrons.com/incomeinve...dend-may-be-coming/?mod=yahoobarrons&ru=yahoo

7. Tiptopptrader

Normally F would be down much more during a min-market meltdown, but currently down less the 1/2 percent...A good sign

upload_2016-8-10_8-45-0.png

8. Tiptopptrader

9. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

So China still buying cars like crazy, thats a good thing.

10. Tiptopptrader

Bulls Eye Option Chief Market Strategist Knuckman Says Ford (F) Stock Set to Recover
    NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Bulls eye option chief market strategist Alan Knuckman appeared on Bloomberg TV's "Bloomberg Markets" Friday to discuss Ford (F) stock's expected recovery.
    "You're going pretty far out on this one," Bloomberg TV's Julie Hyman commented on Knuckman's Ford options play.
    "I've gone out that far because I can. I want to buy enough time to be right. I want to limit this impact of time on the option play," he said. The June option has 300 days until expiration, or about 10 months.
    Ford has been a "distressed stock" trading between $12 and $14, Knuckman said, noting that it dropped 8% on July 28 when it posted weak 2016 second quarter earnings.
    https://www.thestreet.com/story/136...ck-set-to-recover.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

11. Tiptopptrader

I bought some of these myself with a little mad money. (strictly a gamble here)

Cheap calls looking for rebound in Ford
    Traders are buying inexpensive calls in hopes that Ford Motor will make a comeback in coming months.
    optionMONSTER's market scanner shows that 4,623 November 16 calls were purchased for $0.02 at the same time Friday afternoon. This is clearly fresh buying, as open interest in the strike was just 103 contracts before the trades appeared.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cheap-calls-looking-rebound-ford-142250516.html

leonx81 likes this.
  12. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

GL! I am with you on this too. :D

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  13. AverageJoesTrades

AverageJoesTrades Well-Known Member

I hopped in as well. Thanks for the heads up!

leonx81 likes this.
  14. Tiptopptrader

Ford's Europe Sales Rise in July Despite Lower Industry Sales
    Ford Motor Co.’s F shares inched up 0.8% on Aug 15, after the automaker reported a 4.5% year-over-year rise in sales to 105,200 vehicles in its 20 traditional European markets (Euro 20) in Jul 2016. This is its best July sales since 2009. The automaker fared better than the industry, which posted a sales decline of 1%. In the first seven months of 2016, Ford’s sales increased 7.1% to 823,800 vehicles, compared with the industry’s growth rate of 8%.

Considering all the 50 European markets, Ford’s sales improved 0.4% to 117,800 units in the month.With this, the automaker’s monthly sales compared favorably with the industry sales decline of 4.1%. In the first seven months of 2016, Ford’s sales went up 6.2% to 925,300 vehicles, compared with the industry’s growth rate of 5.3%.

Ford’s Euro 20 market share inched up 0.5 percentage points to 8.1% in July but fell 0.1 percentage points to 7.9% in the first seven months of 2016. The automaker’s sales in the higher value retail and fleet segments accounted for 78% of total passenger car sales in the first seven months of 2016, up 2 percentage points year over year, and 4.8 percentage points higher than the industry average.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fords-europe-sales-rise-july-115011415.html

15. Tiptopptrader

I'll take mine in Red

Ford Speeds Autonomous Car Work With Lidar Stake, Double Staff
    Ford Motor Co. is accelerating its development of self-driving cars by more than doubling the size of its Silicon Valley lab and taking a stake in Velodyne Lidar Inc., the leading maker of an advanced radar that is an essential sensor in autonomous driving.

Ford and China’s top search engine company, Baidu Inc., are investing a combined $150 million in Morgan Hill, California-based Velodyne, the company said in a statement. Lidar bounces light off objects to asses shape and location, which, along with cameras and traditional radar, give self-driving cars a 360-degree view of their environment. Velodyne said it will use the investment to “to rapidly expand the design and production of high performance, cost-effective lidar sensors,” with an aim to mass adoption.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ford-speeds-autonomous-car-lidar-132911276.html

16. Tiptopptrader

I like the way F held under today's market conditions losing less than 1% on light volume

upload_2016-8-16_13-8-48.png

17. Tiptopptrader

Ford’s Virtual Reality Storytelling App Gives Consumers and Fans an Up-Close, 360-Degree View of Company Innovations
    Picture yourself standing trackside at one of the biggest auto races in the world, next to one of the hottest supercars ever made. The sights, the sounds – all of it so intense. Only you’re not really there, you’re thousands of miles away in your bed.

This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160817006183/en/

The new Ford virtual reality app makes all of this possible. Launching today for iOS and Android users in the United States, Ford’s new virtual reality app delivers a powerful storytelling platform for consumers and fans to experience Ford innovations like never before.

“We are very excited about this opportunity to provide truly immersive experiences that showcase the best of Ford Motor Company,” says Lisa Schoder, Ford digital marketing manager. “Our virtual reality platform allows us to tell dramatic, impactful stories, to show a surprising side of Ford.”

The first piece of featured content is the story behind the all-new Ford GT’s return to the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Fifty years after the original victory, the innovative balance of power and efficiency in Ford’s EcoBoost® engine delivered an incredible class win earlier this year.

“Just as Ford GT goes beyond the traditional at Ford, our entry into virtual reality content creation demonstrates how our passion for innovation permeates every piece of our business and offers a new touch point for tech-savvy consumers to connect with our brand,” says Schoder.

To help achieve its goals, Ford partnered with integrated production company Tool of North America, a leader in virtual reality and 360-degree content and mobile app creation. Tool has won numerous awards for innovation in storytelling, including Emmys, The One Show, South by Southwest, AICP and the Cannes Lions Palme d’Or.

“As an auto and racing enthusiast, I was inspired by the opportunity and the challenge of helping the iconic Ford brand make its virtual reality debut,” says Erich Joiner, director and founder, Tool of North America. “For the innovative Ford GT, I wanted to create something that gives people an exciting virtual reality experience beyond the traditional. I wanted to use the immersive technology not only to transport them to a new place, but to take them where only a special few from the Ford racing team typically go – inside the famed track at Le Mans.”

The Ford virtual reality app is accessible to anyone with a mobile device. Each piece of content offers users the option to experience it with a virtual reality headset, but headsets are not mandatory.

Ford virtual reality app users can expect the next story to debut in September, featuring Hoonigan Racing’s Ken Block and Ford Focus RS RX. Users with their push notifications turned on will get the update when new content goes live.

The new virtual reality platform goes beyond showcasing Ford Performance vehicles.

“On top of sharing virtual reality stories about our innovative products, we are also looking to bring mobility issues to the forefront,” says Schoder. “As we expand our business to be both an auto and a mobility company, we are pursuing emerging opportunities through Ford Smart Mobility.”
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ford-virtual-reality-storytelling-app-040100167.html

18. AverageJoesTrades

F - strong finish here. Right at the HOD

19. AverageJoesTrades

Ford looking good today. Was up almost 1% at one point today.

This in the heels of the selloff yesterday along with the recall mess.

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  20. Tiptopptrader

As @JerryM had mentioned if the rate is on the table (come on now Yellen) F has a lot to gain from the the credit side of the company.

upload_2016-8-25_12-27-19.png