FIT - FitBit Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Bodacious

Bodacious Active Member

Alphabet Eyes Fitbit Acquisition and Apple Looks to Grow Smart Home Business

https://www.morningbrew.com/emergin...uisition-apple-looks-grow-smart-home-business

2. katroutm

katroutm New Member

This might be a poor question, but I am new to stock and I own a small mount of fitbit stock and I was wondering is it worth it to wait for the sale and get $7.35 per stock or sell my stock now and use that money to invest in other stocks. The difference would only be around 10 dollars if I sell it a 7.15. Thank you.

Bodacious likes this.
  3. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd sell because I feel like there's other stocks out there where I could get a better return. Not that the return on FIT is anything to sneeze at.

It'll probably take at least 2 months to close the sale, could easily be quite a bit longer.

Here's some hypotheticals to consider:
    a) If it only takes 4 months to close the sale, FIT could make you 20 cents or 3%. And that is close to 10% annualized (if you believe in annualizing this kind of return).
    b) It it takes 6 months to close the sale, that would be a little more than 6% annualized.
    c) What if the deal falls apart?

T0rm3nted and Bodacious like this.
  4. Bodacious

Bodacious Active Member

Everyone is different, but if it were me I would sell and look for another deal if the cap was twenty cents over months, like the devil said, "get a better return".

5. Bodacious

Bodacious Active Member

OldFart and T0rm3nted like this.