Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

FPAFY - First Pacific Company Limited

Discussion in 'International Stock Markets' started by Marvan, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Marvan

Marvan Member

First Pacific Company Limited, an investment management and holding company, engages in the consumer food products, telecommunications, infrastructure, and natural resources businesses in the Philippines, Indonesia, Australasia, Singapore, and internationally.

The company offers a range of telecommunications and digital services, including fiber optic backbone, fixed line, and cellular networks. It also manufactures and distributes a range of food products, including noodles, dairy, snack foods, food seasonings, nutrition and special foods, and beverages; flour and pasta; oil palm, rubber, sugar cane, cocoa, and tea plantations; and cooking oils, margarines, and shortenings.

In addition, the company offers bread, dressings, condiments, mayonnaise, frozen pastry, cake mix, desserts, sauces, and vinegar; explores for, mines, and produces gold, copper, and silver; and produces sugar and ethanol.

Further, it is involved in the operation of gas-fired power plant; electricity generation and distribution; provision of water distribution and sewerage services; and operation of toll roads, hospitals, and rail lines, as well as offers logistics services. First Pacific Company Limited was founded in 1981 and is headquartered in Central, Hong Kong.

GARP25 likes this.
  2. Marvan

Marvan Member

3. GARP25

GARP25 New Member

I looked at the OTC ADR and the Hang Seng share listing and they both have First Pacific at a reasonable bargain. I guess the main thing to determine is if there is value or if it's a value trap?

Thank you for posting the presentation as well for us Marvan. It seems like the highest net asset value is in Indofood which I did not know is the largest instant wheat noodles producer globally. That alone is a staple meal through SE Asia. There's also a nice defensive telecom component and as you mentioned as well, mining (which is cyclical).

The Hong Kong conglomerates seem to be a nice gateway to developing Asia, with reasonable corporate governance (compared to China, imo) and a stable mix of sustainable dividends and organic revenue growth. Hong Kong based firms also have the benefit of experience in these markets considering how long Hong Kong has been a financial and economic powerhouse in that region.

4. Marvan

Marvan Member

I do have this conglomerate in my portfolio for the long term. For me, it's value, for someone else i do not know.

I do like your resume.

#4 Marvan, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    GARP25 likes this.
  5. Marvan

Marvan Member

6. Marvan

Marvan Member

7. Marvan

Marvan Member

8. Marvan

Marvan Member