Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

GE - General Electric

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by bigbear0083, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Not to dis Buffet o_O but I'm still seeing downtrend with high potential for more downside. I really expect this to drop to 10 or under. Reason? I'm seeing a company that cut a long standing dividend increase in half and even after doing that they are still paying out 133% of earnings. This cannot be sustained especially with a company attempting to turn things around. They could very well elect to eliminate the dividend all together for awhile until they right the ship. If they do so, I'd expect that drop to 10. Personally I'm not ready to commit a long term hold to GE at this point.

Onepoint272, T0rm3nted and OldFart like this.
  2. KyleLennon

KyleLennon Member

Today, Immelt’s successor John Flannery has embarked on a turnaround of GE, wisely choosing to restore accountability and focus on three core businesses: aviation, power, and renewable energy. The three key issues the company faces today are 1) secular threats facing GE Power, 2) a lack of liquidity, and 3) lingering liabilities at GE Capital.

3. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Took a sizeable position for my ROTH in this as well. This is a long term hold.

StockJock-e and T0rm3nted like this.
  4. Timbo

Timbo Active Member

Took a dump right after I bought in, NATURALLY. Started to add more last week but didnt. I hate the buy n hold strategy but have forced myself to hold in my ROTH. Drives me crazy watching it bounce around, long term G.E. is a winner but the trader in me wants to cash in the chips and reshuffle the cards..LOL.

StockJock-e likes this.
  5. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Solid move here +4% but its going to hit some resistance in a bit.

The previous moves of this magnitude were all sold into.

6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Going to break out of this wedge?

upload_2019-7-11_11-7-50.png