Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

GEO - The Geo Group , Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Marvan, Aug 14, 2019 at 3:39 AM.

1. Marvan

Marvan Member

The GEO Group, Inc. (NYSE: GEO) is the first fully integrated equity real estate investment trust specializing in the design, financing, development, and operation of correctional facilities, processing centers, and community reentry centers in the United States, Australia, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.

GEO is the world's leading provider of enhanced offender rehabilitation, post-release support, electronic monitoring, and community-based programs.

GEO's worldwide operations include the ownership and/or management of 133 facilities totaling approximately 97,000 beds, including projects under development, with a growing workforce of approximately 23,000 professionals.

http://www.geogroup.com

2. Marvan

Marvan Member

3. Marvan

Marvan Member

Geo Group tells investors its plans to expand

Ashley Portero
    American City Business JournalsJuly 31, 2019

[​IMG]
    Geo Group tells investors its plans to expand
    Despite an onslaught of criticism, Boca Raton-based The Geo Group expects to grow its number of detainees -– and profits – during the rest of 2019.

The company (NYSE: GEO), which operates private detention centers and prisons, will activate more than 5,700 beds across its facilities in the U.S. and Australia during the third and fourth quarters of 2019, CEO George C. Zoley told investors during a July 30 quarterly earnings call. "We recognize that the recent media stories regarding overcrowded border patrol facilities and financial institutions discontinuing future financial support for private operators of [U.S Immigration and Customs Enforcement] processing centers have created volatility in our equity and debt markets," Zoley said.

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/c65ca89b-73f3-3237-9966-cffd5f6a8578/geo-group-tells-investors-its.html

4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Isn't this the company making money off the absolutely atrocious detention centers of immigrants and their separated children? Something like $775/kid which doesn't include soap, toothbrushes, beds, blankets, a light switch to turn the lights off at night, etc.?

I couldn't invest in this company if you paid me to.

5. Marvan

Marvan Member

I am not American, i dont know that .....

6. Marvan

Marvan Member

This was the only item i found about detention facilities ....

Is it not the responsibility of your politicians to prevent atrocious detention? Companies must obey the law isn't it ...

In my country (President Trump's Hell hole) it is NOT PERMITTED by law to jail children below 16.

Are you not living in a democratic country ?

https://theintercept.com/2019/08/08/private-prisons-contract-denver/

#6 Marvan, Aug 17, 2019 at 9:54 AM
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019 at 10:05 AM