GM - General Motors

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Apr 4, 2016.

1. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Here is one retail investor's assessment of the announcement of a JV between Microsoft and GM's Cruise:

- This is an admission from GM their micro-data approach is not going to be effective, just as Elon Musk has been saying for several years.
    - Microsoft has not covered themselves in glory, of late. Frankly, I'd bet against them.

This breaks my heart but my outlook for GM is no longer as hopeful as it was 6 months ago. At least they are working on an AI cortex. They aren't the last to that party. It will come down to Microsoft's efficacy of achieving an AI result. Let's hope.

2. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Honda is going with GM's Cruise system for FSD.

StockJock-e likes this.
  3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

The 2022 model year of the Chevy Bolt EV and Electric Utility Vehicle were unveiled at Disney World on Sunday, February 14th.

https://www.chevrolet.com/electric/updates

Key takeaways:

• Price dropped by ~$5k compared to 2020 Bolt; Bolt EV starts at $32k, EUV at $35k
    • Offers free installation of at-home charger
    • Electric Utility Vehicle (EUV) is a new option. It’s similar but a bit taller, longer.
    • First Chevrolet to offer “Super Cruise”, hands off driving assist (which outperformed Tesla Autopilot in a 2020 Consumer Reports review). Previously only available in Cadillac. GM owns 70% of Cruise.

TomB16 likes this.
  4. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

14min video goodness in there pitching you the EV!

5. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I'm sure there are plenty of loyal GM patrons who will buy it, despite it looking like a shrivelled ball sack after a roofie party.

6. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Trying to figure out the thought process behind some of these EVs hurts my head. Why would any reasonable person think that a car that would be too ugly to sell in numbers with a gas engine will sell well as an EV? The style shop has been taken over by a former metal shop brake operator.

We are seeing this on other EVs, also.

The Bolt will probably do OK, as GM's entry level EV, but it's a shame they didn't make something nice that people would want to own.

7. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

:rofl:

8. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

One last post...

I don't consider the Tesla 3 to be a beautiful car. It's a nice looking car but not nearly as nice as the S, IMO. Still, if you give your key to a valet at a restaurant, he will smile and enjoy parking your car at full throttle with an e-brake turn to skid into the spot. Handing your Bolt keys at a valet will result in lip curling and a suggestion that Jack in the Box is down the street.

Elon knew 20 years ago that electric cars have just as much need to be desirable and enjoyable as gas cars.

Rustic1 likes this.
  9. Rustic1

Rustic1 Active Member

Front row at the bozo show. The heartbeat of America. download.png