GM - General Motors

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Apr 4, 2016.

1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Hmm, could be an idea, looks like resistance is not going to break just yet.

2. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Mary Barra earned $29M, last year.

Good job, Mary! You've done it! :thumbsup:

T0rm3nted likes this.
  3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

We need AI to start replacing CEO's instead of low-mid level employees

TomB16 likes this.
  4. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

The next time you listen to any major auto CEO speak, keep in mind the 15 years Elon Musk pumped every cent he had into Tesla (and talked his friends and family into the same), struggling to make a car that was better than ICE (he said it had to be better to succeed), and how much work Tesla has put into every single aspect of their cars, the supercharger network, and manufacturing. It's impossible not to hear 3 year olds having a tantrum, when big auto speaks. "We can't compete... Waaaaaaa... it's too expensive.... WAAAAAAA..... "

The boards of every major auto should be removed and replaced. Get some people in who can compete. Elon and his amazing team came from literally zero and are soundly beating *every single) legacy big auto company. Get people who will work hard and get it done.

If it took me 20 minutes to run one mile, I probably wouldn't be a big fan of the timed mile event.

The GM board should be sued for gross negligence with the only needed evidence being that Mary Barra is still employed. I believe Ms. Barra is smart and a good person but she is ruining GM as we watch. I mean... Elon created a template for them to follow and they are still too ignorant to succeed.

Watching CEOs ruin big auto is like watching any 25 year old's reaction to the suggestion they work hard, save money, and invest in a broad market index, since it has proven to work 100% of the time. "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I'm going to day trade stock and crypto so I can be the wealthiest man in America by Thursday."

We know how this ends. Tax payers will end up paying the price for big auto's ignorance.

#124 TomB16, Apr 8, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
  5. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Agreed. A bunch of whiners and all focused on the wrong things.

6. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

GM now going hydrogen vehicles and distribution. I feel it is extremely reasonable, at this point, for GM stock holders to sue the GM board for deliberately ruining the company.

https://www.gm.com/commitments/hydrotec