GME - GameStop Corp.

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Tiptopptrader, Apr 24, 2016.

1. MiguelHammond10

waiting for EOD run, one last squeeze before ex-d day

2. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

The place to go when you can't wait for the weekend lawn sales of video games.

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

This resistance line dates back to November of 2015. It has only been broken a few times, and only lasted for a couple weeks at most.

upload_2018-2-18_15-24-33.png

Here's the weekly:

upload_2018-2-18_15-25-27.png

Three Eyes likes this.
  4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Man I've been talking about how this is a dying company since back in the $30's/share... Wish I would have/could have shorted this all the way down to where it's at now. Currently sitting at $13.44/share

Jrich likes this.
  5. anotherdevilsadvocate

Wondering why don't people buy physical games? The download codes cost just as much as physical copies, and cannot be traded. With physical copies, if you are the seller/owner you can recoup some of your cost, and if you are the buyer you can get a cheaper game. Also, you need to have the storage space in memory when you go with downloaded games; to say nothing about the cool frisbees that physical games can provide.

Jrich likes this.
  6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

If you buy a hard-copy of the game, you usually need to install it on your gaming console anyways for it to run/boot as quick as the downloaded copy. You also need to physically travel to the store to buy it, unwrap the annoying plastic around the case, and insert the disc into the console every time you want to play. Otherwise, you can download a game and have it ready when you get home from work without having to stop at the store. Or if you want to play a game the night it launches, you can have it pre-downloaded and ready to play at midnight before all the nerds at best buy get done waiting in line at midnight and driving home.

That's just how I see it anyways. My 30-60 minute time travelling to and from the store and waiting in line at the store is worth more to me than the $5 resell value of the game (exaggerated analogy for effect).

anotherdevilsadvocate likes this.
  7. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I've been bearish on this company and posted MANY times since the inception of this site. Getting close to single digits now:

upload_2019-2-1_10-18-57.png

Stockaholic likes this.
  8. jonebone

jonebone Member

I have a sizeable position in this company and am very bullish until the $18-$20 level. The 13% dividend is pretty staggering as well.

Physical games aren't going anywhere in the next generation, just google PS5 and next Xbox gossip. They tried to do away with them this current generation and saw the overwhelming push back. 10 years from now is another story perhaps, but playing the now to 36 month window, I'm very bullish at these levels. Basically at an all time low, still quite profitable too.

The ThinkGeek site makes a killing on collectibles and "nerd" / retro culture is quite high. Toys R US traffic has to go somewhere and the pre-order programs from the past few years have all died (Amazon had 20% off with preorders, Best Buy had a gamers membership where you paid a fee and got a % off preorders, etc.). The Gamestop exclusives still incentivize people to preorder here and they'll gain market share from the expiring pre-order incentives elsewhere.

I get why people have been bearish on the stock, and I would be too in the $20 and up range. But at $11 there is PLENTY of room to run and I expect it to treat me very well this year, not to mention the steady dividend drip that I receive.

They also are sitting on a TON of cash! Absurd for a cash heavy and still profitable company to take such a beating while paying a high dividend. Price will definitely rebound on this one.

9. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

That actually concerns me.

Seems like a pretty high divi to me.

I was in the mall this past weekend and the store seemed pretty busy, but personally I have not bought a single thing from Gamestop in several years. All my downloads are digital.

Stockaholic likes this.
  10. jonebone

jonebone Member

Yeah the high dividend is a scare to a casual eye but not to someone following the stock. They have AMPLE cash flow to pay it. I'm not talking about financing the dividend with debt or paying it out of existing funds, I'm talking about free cash flow to cover it.

Also, two ways to look at a dividend. People rush to the "Oh no, it's 10% or higher, it's prime for a cut!" mentality. The other mentality is "Hmm, maybe that 10% dividend is too high because the stock is undervalued." In other words, if you had a stock paying a 10% dividend at $10 a share ($1 annual dividend), that same dividend is only 5% at $20 a share ($1 annual dividend). Stock price going up is equally as important to the dividend percentage as the amount paid out. Some seem to forget that.

Either way, video games are my expertise. I'm not as much of a gamer as I used to be but I have an extensive retro video game collection and have bought / sold / traded video games on eBay since 2008 as a side hobby. I'm plugged into the scene and know that there is a huge market that simply will not play digital only. I think that preference will change one day, but it won't happen on this next generation of consoles. And that's really all I care about, bullish on GME in the 12-36 month window and would reassess after that.

11. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Well, I think this turkey is done.

Last one here, turn out the lights.

Three Eyes likes this.
  12. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Been bearish on this since this thread started, should have followed up on it.

13. anotherdevilsadvocate

Assuming these guys go out of business, what happens to the cash on hand? Looks like they've got $16/share in cash.
    There is some debt, but after it gets paid and we assume GME ceases to exist, do shareholders get that cash distributed?

14. Unicorn Dreams

Oh man I was extremely bearish on Gamestop when Microsoft announced GamePass, the trend is digital purchases and cloud gaming. It was clear to me Gamestop was behind on the times and going to lose value but it was so beaten up I didn't think it had much to give even if I shorted. Boy was I wrong...

15. Unicorn Dreams

Gme short float over 57% interesting

16. Saint Joseph

Saint Joseph New Member

After a 38 cent drop in GameStop (GME), it landed at previous support levels - shown by yellow horizontal line.

RSI is right in the middle pointing downward.

My prediction is that it will initially drop to around $5.57, then start another bullish run, going to at least $5.88 - previous resistance levels.

GME.png

#116 Saint Joseph, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2020
    T0rm3nted likes this.
  17. anotherdevilsadvocate

Looks like there's resistance at $8.
    [​IMG]

Reports in a week we'll see if it goes any higher.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  18. anotherdevilsadvocate

GME having a good month halfway through September, held support at $6. Has a lot more room to run.

19. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I look at it as having a lot more room to fall

20. anotherdevilsadvocate

Yeah. But not shorting it this month.

T0rm3nted likes this.