HEALTH CONCERN TOPICS

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Stockaholic, Apr 5, 2016.

1. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Not sure, my doctor just prescribe some motion sickness medicine to me and asks me to take those medicine when my vertigo is really bad. I don't have vertigo very often fortunately but I just got a really bad one 2 weeks ago, I was sweating really hard and felt like I was about to pass out. I needed to lie down on the bed immediately and my energy level wasn't back to normal until 2 days later . Overall it doesn't bother me that much unless I have the vertigo like I had 2 weeks ago, the ear ringing isn't great too but I don't notice it that much when I am busy during the day.

OldFart likes this.
  2. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

I google translated for info specially for the smokers
    think of your old age's health meditate smokers meditate :)

OldFart likes this.
  3. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

i have been taking about 16,000 mg per day for a few years (is good for animals too) and if you don't know about site then might like it http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/

OldFart likes this.
  4. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

10 FOODS THAT UNCLOG ARTERIES IN A TOTALLY NATURAL WAY!
    http://www.healthytipsworld.net/2016/07/01/10-foods-that-unclog-arteries-in-a-totally-natural-way/

• Fish – tuna and salmon are recommended as they contain high levels of omega-3 fatty acids.
    • Pomegranates – they are great for hardening the arteries as they are high in antioxidants and prevent accumulation of cholesterol, reduce the damage of blood vessels, and protects from atherosclerosis.
    • Grapes – they are high in flavonoids, resveratrol, and quercetin which prevent oxidation of cholesterol, inhibiting plaque buildup on the walls of the arteries.
    • Spinach – it is packed in potassium and folic acid, preventing the formation of cholesterol and regulating hypertension.
    • Tomatoes – they are packed with lycopene that is highly beneficial against hardening the arteries and protect from cardiovascular diseases.
    • Kiwi and melon – they are great in reducing the LDL (bad cholesterol) and can be highly effective in unclogging the arteries.
    • Garlic – it is very effective in treating heart diseases and high blood pressure. Moreover, it is very beneficial for coronary artery calcification.
    • Oats – if you consume 2 cups of it you will be able to reduce cholesterol levels by 20% as they are high in soluble fiber that prevents the formation of cholesterol.
    • Cranberry juice – drink 3 cups of it a week to increase the cell ability to absorb fats and unclog your arteries.
    • Olive oil – it contains high levels of monounsaturated fats that clean the arteries from LDL.

5. fireopal

Am a bit delayed in getting to some "to do" work but have been meaning to post this here for those that are into supplements. This has been an ongoing FDA battle that i have been helping to block in various forms since the 90's. Basically what it all comes down to is the FDA is working on behalf of the drug industry to get a piece of this multi-billion dollar business. The most recent attempt is reflecting just how insidious they are becoming and we all need to push back more so now than ever before.

The petition outlines what's up now so if it speaks to you then you know what to do :) Stop FDA's Massive Attack on Supplements - https://secure3.convio.net/aahf/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2983

#45 fireopal, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    OldFart likes this.
  6. OldFart

7. rg7803

rg7803 Well-Known Member

Hey Oldie,

next spring I will send you, after distil it myself, a bottle of long term portuguese life insure, that will enable you to live long and in a prosper way til you are 100. At least...look at it !

upload_2016-10-5_17-55-4.png

OldFart likes this.
  8. OldFart

Nice!

9. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-39254804

Article that accuses oil for the obesity epidemic.

Oh, so I'll just drink my Coke Zero and be okay since calories are the only thing I need to watch out for.

Why, if oil is so prevalent, is only 50% of the population unhealthy weight?

Here's the obesity rates by age group: http://stateofobesity.org/obesity-by-age/
    Why, if oil is THE problem, is there a difference in obesity by age group? I'm ruling out 18-25 year olds getting less of their food from the supermarket (and more from local producers) than the older groups.

OldFart likes this.
  10. OldFart

11. OldFart

The mysterious return of scarlet fever
    The infection used to be a leading killer of children — and it's making a comeback
    https://www.vox.com/2017/11/30/16720794/scarlet-fever-return

Scarlet fever, a leading killer of children in the 19th and early 20th centuries, is suddenly making a comeback in many parts of the world, and no one knows why.

The bacterial infection brings on a red, sandpapery rash all over the body, a high fever, and sore throat, and can cause serious health complications, including heart and kidney damage. The advent of antibiotics in the mid-20th century made the disease less deadly.

But scarlet fever, which spreads from person to person through coughing, comes and goes throughout the decades for reasons not well known to science. The number of cases actually began to decline during in the 19th century, before effective treatments were widely used to fight it.

Now researchers are finding the disease’s trajectory has begun to shift once again.

According to a new paper in the LancetJournal of Infectious Diseases, starting in 2014 there was a sharp uptick in scarlet fever cases in England and Wales — a trend that’s continuing to climb. The rate of scarlet fever cases tripled in 2014 compared to the year before. With one in 500 children under the age of 10 diagnosed with the infection, the UK is seeing its highest rates of the disease in 50 years. (Scarlet fever typically affects children ages 5 to 15, and the median age of cases in England in 2014 was 4 years old.)

But it’s not just England. A number of regions in Asia — Vietnam, South Korea, Hong Kong, and mainland China — have also recorded dramatic increases in cases since 2009.

The best-recorded epidemic has been happening in Hong Kong, according to a Lancetcommentary that accompanied the paper. There, cases have risen tenfold between 2000 and 2016.

“The scarlet fever outbreak in Hong Kong has not yet receded,” wrote Mark Walker and Stephan Brouwer from the University of Queensland in Australia, “which does not bode well for a timely resolution to outbreaks occurring elsewhere.”

[​IMG]
    Annual reported scarlet fever cases in Hong Kong.
    Lancet
    What all these outbreaks have in common is that no one knows why they’re happening.

Among the potential explanations: There may be changes in the immune systems of people now that have made them more susceptible to the bacterium that causes scarlet fever, Streptococcus pyogenes, which also causes strep throat and impetigo. Or there could be another pathogen people are being “co-infected” with that is predisposing them to the disease.

In the US, scarlet fever is not one of the diseases public health officials require states to report and track, and there have been no signs of an uptick in cases here yet, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention told Vox.

But the Lancet study authors warned that — with the UK and Asia outbreaks still ongoing — “heightened global surveillance for the dissemination of scarlet fever is warranted.”

There is some good news in the mix. Researchers are finding that the type of scarlet fever that’s circulating now appears to be less deadly than in the outbreaks of the past. Whether that’s because of variations in the strains of the bacteria going around now or because we have better diagnosis and care is also unclear.

12. rg7803

rg7803 Well-Known Member

Oldfart, maybe because people arent doing vacines on their kids anymore?

OldFart likes this.
  13. OldFart

maybe...but vacines aren't perfect...lol

http://vaxxedthemovie.com/

fireopal likes this.
  14. OldFart

15. OldFart

16. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Anybody have experience with LASIK eye surgery? Considering getting it done.

17. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

OldFart likes this.
  18. OldFart

I hear it has to be done at least twice.
    That's about all I know.

19. fireopal

head sets work real well for neck pain related to phone..

As far as exercises - will share tai chi warm up

Went to youtube & found a variation of warm-up i teach in my taichi classes. Didn't watch entire video so might have lot's more good info but exercises up to 5:29 should do the trick. Normally work with extensions 1x each side then down/up & keep repeating up to 7 sets. (can do more but class time is limited.) When turning head lets say to right, also use your eyes to look as far to right as you can - exercises/relaxes meridians in eyes. Key is to breath & extend further on each exhalation etc.

#60 fireopal, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018